The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Japanese coin gaffs, where to find? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
denis_gbrg
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
162 Posts

Profile of denis_gbrg
Hi,

I am looking for Japanese coins, for bite out coin, and cigarette
trough dollar ( yen Smile )
Any tips where to get online?

thanks!
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
273 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
I visted Japan a year ago. I was told (my japanese is iffy at best) that there are NO coin gaffs available in Japan for Japanese coins because the law forbids altering the currency.

If you want Japanese coin work done, it MUST be custom work... and it CAN'T be done in Japan.

Therefore, contact Jamie Schoolcraft at http://www.coingaffs.com. Jamie has done work with the gold-colored 500 Yen for Cyril, as well as work for other A-list japanese magicicans. His work is top-notch and he has experience with Japanese coins.

Joe Skilton
denis_gbrg
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
162 Posts

Profile of denis_gbrg
Joe Thanks a lot for the link.

Thanks!
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I beg to differ.

When I was there, I visited Akihabara and met magician/vendor there. If you prove your stuff, gaffs can be had; you just need to prove yourself I guess.

Granted, I didn't need any of the coins (I was really only there for a week so didn't need Japanese coin gaffs) and moreover didn't know that they were forbidden!

They were, just like all other magic props in Japan, very expensive.
Logic Defied
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Denis_gbrg,

PM me. I have a friend who can help you out.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
denis_gbrg
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
162 Posts

Profile of denis_gbrg
Thanks a lot for the info guys!
Nathan I've PMed you, thanks!
majic_joe
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of majic_joe
Nathan please let me know what all is going to be on the coins akira dvd.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
What's the coins akira dvd please ??
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I don't' know if I should spill the beans! : )

Lets just say if you haven't seen Jet Coins the DVD will rock your world. I read the description in GENII but until I actually saw it in action I had no idea how strong it was.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
I once went to Ton Onasaka's store in Japan. If they don't know you, they won't let you know much about their merchandize beyond the things that they import from the US. I did find out, though, that they have a ] for the golden 500 yen coin.

Gene