The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Flipper Half Dollar Pro Gravity And Flip System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jaylynch68
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Florida
57 Posts

Profile of jaylynch68
Quote:
On 2009-01-10 04:32, Judah Vee wrote:
Cinemagician,
http://www.hocus-pocus.com sells them. Type pro gravity or Tango in the seach box on the website. HOpe that helps.....

Poof!

-J-

Hocus Pocus is having a 31% discount event this week. Time for me to buy. Smile

Jay68
sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
Just a review of the Tango Pro Gravity Flipper- For those that would like to Really know the quality of these coins.

Well-- I have sent back 4 of them back to Murphy Magic -- The Quality for even wholesale is INFERIOR - FIRST ONE I GOT FELL APART AS SOON AS I Opened IT UP THE 3RD TIME (caps -SORRY) The second one stuck all the time-(Yes I tried pushing on the shell part to loosen the edge-still no)It went back -then They(Murphy's) were nice enough to send me 2 others and they fell apart also and one of them had a really bad Punch mark right on the date-COULDN'T EVEN READ THE THING 18*9? stuck out like a sore thumb!( They are using SOFT MORGANS so I guess that is a plus for them ) -- I will not expose how the system works but- when it breaks it = Unsealable / Unfixable -ever, unless Tango will re attach it?
I certainly will not be stocking these along with a few other dealers that I know that have had similar problems,(breaking apart,sticking inserts,every one of them the complete insert came out of half of there stock -- the directions say to use contact cement to re-attach it)--they sent them back also.
The pro gravity flipper from Tango will not hold up to even amateur magician work let alone Professional use --
I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I really tried to get at least 1 quality coin out of 4 but could not -- So you can take it from there.
You would think that at least 1 of the 4 would have been usable- but no go. Sorry Mr Tango but you missed the Quality mark on this one!!

As for your shells-no problem. But if you plan on selling these Flippers you need to get another system because this one Breaks all the time--They simply fall apart. And to change the band?? wow what a chore due to the nature of the faux groove type setup --it's a REAL PAIN TO CHANGE THE BAND!!
I could not even get thru 2 of Troy Hooser's effects without it coming apart or Breaking all together
I recommend sticking to the Gaffers we all know and trust -- you know who they are and for about the same price(maybe cheaper) you can get a REALLY Wicked Quality coin that will last for years (not minutes) and one you can change the band on easily!--

I Welcome a response from Mr. Tango as I hope this will maybe help in manufacturing a better coin for the price!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Ouch.

Thanks for your honest feedback. I wanted to buy a Tango flipper so I wouldn't worry about dropping it, scratching it, etc. But, I see that it wouldn't be worth it.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I was going to get one and came here to check what folks thought.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
I'm glad to see this wasn't just my experience.

I bought one off of ebay a while back. Fell apart within a couple of days. I figured I just got ripped off by the dealer.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Sal.

We give guaranty of our coins, I noticed about your problems with the Morgan Flippers and I said to Murphys that replace the products or give back the money and Murphy people solve your problem urgent.
But, sincerely is not usual this kind of problems with our products.
I'm to your disposition to solve any problem.

Bye.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
My experience with the coins weren't that bad... I've tried out 2 Tango Gravity Flipper coins in a local shop. One of them could not be closed smoothly, would get stuck sometimes. I've bought the other one which works fine so far. Have been playing with it for a whole week without breaking, and I'm actually very satisfied with the quality.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Mr. Tango/Anyone with a Super,
How is the distortion on those? If you are stretching a half to go over even a regular coin, there seems to be no way to avoid it. Is it two fold with the Super?
sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 18:22, Mr. Tango wrote:
Dear Sal.

We give guaranty of our coins, I noticed about your problems with the Morgan Flippers and I said to Murphys that replace the products or give back the money and Murphy people solve your problem urgent.
But, sincerely is not usual this kind of problems with our products.
I'm to your disposition to solve any problem.

Bye.

Mr. Tango,
Thank You for you kind response , Murphy's have been VERY good about the whole thing and all have been taken care of with no problems. I Have sent you a PM.
Gabriel Knight
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Gabriel Knight
Tango is a great story.

He has been in coin work for a while, and when he started it just wasn't great. Just a fact everyone needs to learn and develope methodes to production.. right? I was at magi-Fest when they said, tango when he started they just wern't producing such great stuff. He has had time to improve and thier products for the price I think are pretty good.

Tango was the first and still the only I know of that produces a folding coin with a internal Folding mechanisim. Which believe it or not is really really great.
I got one that was beat up kinda bad but the dealer replaced it. I also bought the Pro-flipper. I use a flipper about 3 times a day for the past 2 years, it was johnson and had the EDGE, no one ever noticed but it always bugged me. When The tango pro came it was shine and BRAND new. My other coins arn't. It is ok, it worked perfect for me, but the back was put on upside down. He aligns it so it is upright just like the head but on a 50 cent piece the eagle is upside down on the other side. Other than that, it hasn't fallen apart and has worked perfect for me so far after 3 months of constant use, and it is dropped onto the table 3 times for each routine. I have not had to put a new band into it yet, I am a little afriad of that, but so far so good.

I am going to write to get a coin I use in taiwan made into a internal folding coin too.

Tango has a good mainstream product avaiable quickly. Schoolcraft you need to wait in line to get something. Even if you know him.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello Gabriel,

Thanks four your words.

We are the only enterprise that make folding coin internal system, because we invented this system. I hope that anybody copy our system.

Bye.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Tango products are far better than this thread tends to suggest and their quality/price ratio is one of the best on the market.

There is on the net at least one testimony of a well known magician who had similar problems with a Todd Lassen product as the one mentioned by Sal but he definitely didn't enjoy the same type of reaction by the admittedly gifted star-craftsman.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
One problem I have had with the standard Tango Flipper is that the cut in the coin that flips open is too close to the edge. On one hand, you can see more surface area of the coin when it is flipped open which may give it a stronger visual of 2 coins. However, if you are attempting a routine that requires you to open the flipper during the routine, the part of the coin you need to grab to flip it open is so tiny, it makes it extremely difficult to work with and eliminates some routines.

I was going to buy a Johnson for that reason, and was wondering if anyone here can attest to always being able flip it open on the first flick once worked in, or is there still the risk of having to flick it 2 or 3 tiems to get it open? That would be a problem in the midst of an effect. If that is the case, I probably can't confidently do a particular routine without a gravity flipper.
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
Tryp Hooser discussed this problem and has suggested that you file the very edge of the shell lip just a little so that you can use the edge of the finger to "snag" edge and actually open it.

I may not have described that properly.
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
Thanks for the tip MacIrish.

Larry
mitchmarkl
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of mitchmarkl
Quote:
On 2009-03-22 11:04, Lawrence O wrote:
Tango products are far better than this thread tends to suggest and their quality/price ratio is one of the best on the market.

There is on the net at least one testimony of a well known magician who had similar problems with a Todd Lassen product as the one mentioned by Sal but he definitely didn't enjoy the same type of reaction by the admittedly gifted star-craftsman.

And who was that well known magician? I don't think it's in good taste to make accusations without backing them up with facts!!!