The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: 5 cards repeat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Fila
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Fila
Hey hello everyone !

I’m working with the idea from Aldo colombini - Gagbuster !

I was wondering if anyone have play with the 6 cards repeat idea of Colombini ?
( you show 6 jumbo cards to the public … throw away 3 normal size cards ! And you still have 6 jumbo cards … you repeat it another time … )

I like the idea … the gag but I think the idea need a real punch at the end … a real 6 cards repeat with the jumbo maybe ? Or make something appear like a shooter at the end ?!

Thx

Ps : here a little performance in French … but at least you will have the idea !

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZVeYheNrZYg?feature=share
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Depending on whether you are displaying 5 or 6 jumbo cards, after you get rid of 3 standard cards the second time, you could then reveal that you only have 2 or 3 jumbo cards left. Just an idea so I don't know how practical it would be but I'll send you a pm re: possible method.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1211 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Hi Fila
In your short video, you don't show the faces of the jumbo cards. There is therefore no magical effect when you discard the standard cards - they were presumably hidden behind the big cards. And there is no magic in the fact that the 5 jumbo cards all remain. Of course, they are still there - you removed some other cards, not the big ones.
For me, there is also no humour in this.

To make this work at all, you would need strong proof initially that there are ONLY jumbo cards and nothing else. Then anything you produce would be magical.

BUT I think "normal" 5 Card Repeat is MUCH more magical and amusing, because you appear to be discarding the same cards that keep re-appearing.

I hope this feedback is helpful.

Bonne chance
Nick