The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Need Help From The J.K. Hartman Aficionados (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
228 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
So I'm looking for a move invented by J.K. Hartman to do the Color Monte differently. R. Paul Wilson alluded to Mr. Hartman's move when explaining his version of the Gypsy Monte. Mr. Wilson thought he had invented the move only to find out that Mr. Hartman invented it years before. He didn't give the name nor which Hartman tome it was found in. Any help you can give me in this search would be quite appreciated (and yes I did reach out to Mr. Wilson over 2 weeks ago and he hasn't contacted me back).

Thank you,
Doug
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Check out his trick Trick Pix in Card Craft pg.359 also a handling variation on pg.430

Also check out Boggle Switch, also in Card Craft on pg.613. This was also published in Apocalypse (Vol. 8 No. 1) pg.1014

Hopefully this helps out!
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1211 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I don't know if this helps at all -

R Paul Wilson called his count the Tres Ariba count.

The Alignment Move in Colour Monte appears to show the three cards in situ. Ie. the bottom, top & middle cards are each apparently show and not moved to a different position.
The Tres Ariba count apparently shows the top card, then moves it to the bottom; then the (new) top card is shown and moved to the bottom; finally the remaining card is shown on top.