The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Color change packet trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2878 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Dear Magicians,

Can anyone suggest a color change -- especially a fairly easy one -- that works well for packet tricks? To give you an idea of where I am, I can do the Houdini/Erdnase change pretty well, though not consistently yet, with a full deck, but I don't know whether it's possible to adapt it to a small packet. I've been reading a lot, but I'm definitely a beginner. (I meant magic to be a retirement project in five years or so, but I got excited and started last year. Oops...)

This question came up because I really want to learn (someday) a trick by Juan Fernando that I saw on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation......dar5uRHs .

(The effect: 8 cards are shown, four with red backs, another four with blue backs. The cards are broken into two packets, one with the blue backs, the other with the red. He visually changes the back card of the blue packet to red, and then shows that the other three cards in that packet have also turned red. Then he shows that the other, thus-far untouched red packet has changed to all blue.)

Fernando uses a visual color change that I find impossible to learn. (I can do the moves, sort of, but I flash cards and they make a lot of noise as I move them past each other.)

Here's where Fernando teaches the color change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_0yrs7OrU .

Perhaps the trick, or the color change that Fernando uses, are well-known and have names. If so, I'd be interested to know them.

Also, if anyone can suggest tricks similar in spirit to the one I referenced, but more suitable for a beginner, I'd be grateful.

Thanks so much for any help people can offer.

Regards,

Bob
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Odd Quad by Daryl has a color change or 2. Smile. There are several color changing packets on the market. I asked about this topic here awhile back and had a pretty good response. $.02.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2878 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks for your suggestions, Dollarbill. Could you point me to the thread where you asked about the topic, please? I tried a search and nothing came up.

Bob
Walt D
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Walt D
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=201

I thought it had more replies but here it is.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Lol. Looks like Walt bat me to it! Smile
Walt D
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Walt D
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2017, Dollarbill wrote:

Only by a couple minutes! Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2017, Walt D wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2017, Dollarbill wrote:

Only by a couple minutes! Smile

I saw that! Smile. I would have slept in had I known you were going to handle this. Hahaha!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2878 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks to both of you, Dollarbill and Walt. I'll look at this thread. And thanks for making me laugh!
Walt D
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Walt D
Not a problem--and I second the laugh comment.