The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Baffled (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Ok, Twisting the Aces, Hears the situation: you start at the very beginning of the trick. You go to "turn" the spade and you see a heart! ...........I'll tell you what I did. I stared dumbfounded and without a clue what to do. Thank God I was in my livingroom practicing. Whew! Dodged that bullet. Lol.

What would "you" specifically do? Eventually I will figure it out to fit my style but I'm lookin for some ideas to start with and then work from there. Smile thanks!
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Maybe introduce the rest of the cards as what they are individually and then reset and start over? Lol. I have no clue right now.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Just proceed with the trick. The audience doesn't know the order it should be in, right? When it's time for the last ace, just reiterate which ones turned over. For example, " OK, so first the heart turned over, then the club, then the spade, so now watch the diamond go." Or whatever order they happened to appear.

On the other hand, I don't know if you accidentally did a double instead of a triple turnover. In which case you could try and restart the trick tactfully, or I would try to do Daleys last trick then follow it up with Twisting after getting things in order.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Good idea to fall right into Dr. Daleys last. Thanks! Anyone else?
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
I leave the Spade face-up, & say, that, magically, by leaving this face-up, it will cause the Spade to turn face-down, & the Heart will, automatically, turn face-up.

The last Ace, Diamond, (H-S-D-C, my set-up, from the top, down) I hand the packet to the spec, after the E-C, & tell the spec. to give the packet a snap, using all their fingers.

GREAT ROUTINE!

Jingle Bells!
Sixten Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Not sure if you read my op? Smile. Or if I'm missin sumthin' here. Smile.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Sorry, should've taken my meds., first. (Btw, I threw-in the last paragraph for, what I believe to be, a good ending.)

Let me try again. (Hoping I know now?)

Whilst turning, bring the packet to a slight incline, towards your body.

Smile