The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: TNR by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Has anyone bought this yet?

https://store.theory11.com/products/coun......-houchin

Looks pretty good! But any feedback yet?

~Zegel Magic
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I have this and it is well worth the money! I can't compare this with any other tnr effect as this is the first one I've learnt, trust me you will not be disappointed.

Kieran
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
This does look good. Thanks for the post.

Emmett
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
You're welcome Bluesman!

Thank you Magicman29 for your feedback, I think I'm going to purchase this now!

Then I'll post what I think.

~Zegel Magic
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Doe anyone have both this and Fourfir by Reuben Moreland, and could compare them?

~Zegel Magic
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
That looks awesome. I'm raging that I can't make it to a lecture he is giving next week.
ScottieKrause
View Profile
New user
Houston
51 Posts

Profile of ScottieKrause
I think its a really great TNR effect, and looks very visual. I bought it practiced it, and its not terribly hard to pick up. That being said, its nothing revolutionary in my opinion opinion. If you preform TNR it would probly make a decent addition if you like the fire restore finale.
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
Wayne started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

I have the original lecture (Hollingsworth) version and also the new release that has some additional handling plus a useful "follow along" sequence. I have to say however, if you have the original then you probably won't gain a lot from buying the new release. There's also a creasing subtlety missing from the new version that I liked in the old version (not sure why).

The effect itself is excellent and can be performed in slow motion as torn pieces are restored one at a time. Retaining a piece in the mouth during the restoration of the other pieces is visually stunning.
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2015, Phoenicis wrote:
Wayne started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

I meant to say that Wayne's original thread was started in 2011 but it has been updated in the last couple of weeks to discuss the newer release.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I just sold mine, I did not like the amount of prep work, for me. I like Torched a little more as I can quickly make up an entire deck and hit the road. I also found it (Torched) easier for my hands. It does have angle issues and if you fold wrong, something may be exposed. The last bit I liked is the idea of using a glue stick over a lighter. I do a lot of hospital and kids shows, so I was not crazy about the lighter.
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
96 Posts

Profile of Proximo
I like this one a lot.
For flash restoration I'll keep on doing Torched & Restored.
For piece by piece restoration, I'll be doing Counterfeit. The whole routine just looks so clean!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2015, Proximo wrote:
I like this one a lot.
For flash restoration I'll keep on doing Torched & Restored.
For piece by piece restoration, I'll be doing Counterfeit. The whole routine just looks so clean!

Agreed
RagnarzA
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RagnarzA
Can it be done without burning?
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
96 Posts

Profile of Proximo
Well, you could come up with anything to do the final restoration.
But using a lighter (or a gluestick, a laser, or whatever as has been suggested elsewhere) is just a very clean way to make sure no one will think there's something fishy going on at the end. It all seems natural. Also, with the burn marks, the restored card makes for one heck of a souvenir. When you give that away, they will certainly remember you later on. It also looks so magical I think. The card looks like it has been through a lot Smile Torn, ripped, burnt, restored, ...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I do like the burn edges. Gives it a "Believable" moment. And by that I mean a Layman's theory of how it happened.
RagnarzA
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RagnarzA
Thanks
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
How does it compare with Torn?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
This was my first tnr trick I have learned and it is VERY good! Highly recommended.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
How does it compare with Torn?

It doesn't. Its two vastly different methods. Two really different type of effects to a magician but to a lay it looks like you tear a card into fours visually put three pieces together and using a lighter fuse the last corner. I think its more practical for close up and walk around and basically surrounded (I HAVE DONE IT FULLY SURRONDED)with the exception of the first restoration. Now if your in a more stand up or parlour situation where angles are easily controlled then Danny's Torn or Guys TNR is a more beautiful presentation. Depends on you really. I do DG's Torn fairly well but never found myself doing it day to day.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Thanks for the reply. I have used Torn for quite a while and love to do it, even tho it has some angle troubles. I have seen Danny do it in a room full of magicians with no issues. I get nervous when people start to come around the sides, however, and would love to solve that problem. If Wayne's looks as good as Torn, then I will get it. Appreciated...

JIm
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"