The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: 10 cards trick and reflexion on magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FlorianHeller
View Profile
Regular user
Bonn, Germany
200 Posts

Profile of FlorianHeller
Hi there!

I saw this trick called the ten cards trick performed by the hilarious Wayne Dobson on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1xkMoPGXN0) and I found it quite good to do, not only by producing all the cards in order, but also by the jokes with the ten which are really hilarious, and so is the character of Wayne Dobson, check out his videos on YouTube, I just couldn't stop laughing Smile

This guy made me think, besides I just saw the documentary on Dynamo, and here's the result of my thinking. In my opinion, there is three kinds of magic, and by 'magic' I mean the way in which the magician uses his magical skills. The theatrical and beautiful magic that often happens on stage and that is really choreographed or in some card tricks, where the aim is to touch the audience (emotionally, no misunderstanding), the astonishing magic, like great illusions and so on, where the magician only wants to amaze the audience by doing impossible tricks (Dynamo is for me representative for this kind of magic), and finally the humorous magic, where the conjurer uses magic to amuse the audience, and that Wayne Dobson masters.

What is your opinion?

Ps: I got the 10 cards trick, PM me if you want to know, we can discuss that in private Smile
Eeeeeeeet hop disparu !

www.florian-heller.com
C_Biskit
View Profile
New user
United States
82 Posts

Profile of C_Biskit
I would agree to some point, however I feel like each of those types of magic can bleed together and create great magic of its own. Personality has a lot to do with it and how you want to be remembered. My favorite out of your three would have to be the aim to touch the audience!

cheers,
Andy