The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Do this torn and restore card trick exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
I am looking for a torn and restored card which spectators can tear the card themselve. and it is signed.
is there such T&R like that?

I have performed quite a few T&R, but some non-beliver just believe that it wasn't their card which was torned.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
No, and even if it did, the same person probably still wouldn't believe it..

The whole point of the card being signed is as a convincer, if it doesn't convince, why bother? If someone is convinced they have freely selected a card and they tear it, pieces can be placed in an envelope or folded handkerchief for restoration. No, it's not a visible restoration, but which part will they remember? No one can be sure.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Fair enough.

non-believer might just never believe in magic.....
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I use the JC Wagner T&R which can (and should) be signed. All the tearing is done by the magician, and a single piece with part of the signature is handed to the spectator. It's only a 3/4 restoration, but I've never had anyone doubt that I tore the card, and restored the pieces.

Maybe if you're having trouble getting some spectators to accept the effect, you should look at the structure of the T&R you're using, and tape your performance to see if there's any handling issues that may be tipping the spectators off. Either the version you're using may be unconvincing, or your handling of the effect might be slightly off (could be a timing issue, or a problem with the misdirection- read Designing Miracles and Strong Magic, both by Darwin Ortiz for some great practical ways of making magic stronger and more convincing) You may also be overselling the idea to the spectators in a way that the structure of the trick can't stand up to.

Above all else listen to those spectators, because if this is a thing that's being said by spectators occasionally it means there's a fundamental flaw that needs to be resolved before the trick is really going to fool. If it's being said by a few, it means it's being thought by a lot more.

Good luck on your quest.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Another thread showcases Vinny's "Godfather Rips You A New One"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQ-xxYEuxU

...And the thread is here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=2&36

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
martinwhynot
View Profile
New user
Shrewsbury, UK
30 Posts

Profile of martinwhynot
Hi, I've just found 'reincarnation' by kris Nevling. Performed it last night and I had then sign the card and they tore off 2 pieces themselves. It looks like a complete restoration then the card vanishes...

This may fit your needs?

Martin
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I recently published my "Most Amazing Card Trick" in The Wizards' Journal #21 (on my site), which is a different type of torn and restored in which the card is torn into many tiny pieces which are wrapped into a big messy cellophane tape ball, and then when it is restored the tiny pieces are all taped back together again in card form... including a signature if you decide to perform it with the optional signed card routine. The spectator is involved in tearing up the card in both the signed version and the unsigned version. The trick comes with the option of having the spectator pick a card trick from a book of card tricks, and then read the directions aloud as you and anothewr spectator follow them. The trick card trick book is sold through Lulu.com and while it is a nice option, you don't need it unless you want to extend the humor of the mystery that is being performed.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Michael James Davis
View Profile
New user
www.michaeljamesdavis.co.uk
2 Posts

Profile of Michael James Davis
RIP by Daniel Madison is an effect where the spectator rips the card up and it restores in their hands.
You can have it signed although its more complicated. I don't have the card signed myself but it still plays very well.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3546 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I do a signed T-n-R which I start to tear a corner off and allow them to pinch that corner before it is torn all the way off. As soon as they have that corner between their fingers I move the card away and the corner is left between their fingertips as I say, 'Remember, you tore your card apart, not me.'
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
That sounds more like a torn corner (do I hear intercessor?) than a signature effect.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-08-23 05:20, MagicJuggler wrote:
I use the JC Wagner T&R...

If you like JC's then you will love Quarterly Returns. JC said that it is better than his.

http://www.lybrary.com/quarterly-returns-p-139618.html

:devilish:
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Quarterly Returns ..... seems to resemble Jay Sankey's 2000 Release of "Cardboard Contortionists", Devlin does a good job!
BWind
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
I love the torn and restored card, but I am starting to get all of them confused.
But think of how far magic has come, to put so much attention into one effect, with so many
great versions. I just cannot figure out which is the most amazing and also a real worker.
louisk
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of louisk
Can it be a corner tear ?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
After almost 20 years in magic, I have YET to find a TnR that I am thrilled with. I have learned The Reformation, (IMO the BEST looking ever) to the point it would fool a myopic laymen after 2-3 drinks. When I'm REALLY craving to do a TnR card, I normally do Torn and Restored Transpo. I have also played with Torn, Ripped and Restored and of course the classic JC Wagner version. Does anyone remember JC's OTHER Torn and Restored which was similar to Reformation but the last piece was done in the spectator's hand?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
You can do the last piece of my Rehab effect in the spectator's hands. Another variation I am going to put on the new Rehab project... whenever I get around to it! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
augrad68
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of augrad68
I do Card Warp a lot and a lot of times I am asked to put it back together. Have any of you seen a restoration that could be used after Card Warp?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27303 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-08-22 09:41, Hugokhf wrote:
... but some non-beliver just believe that it wasn't their card which was torned.

Yes, usually done with some pre-show...

But it's the non-believer phrase that raises my concerns. What are you asking them to believe?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
This kinda goes back to what Wrayven said but "Albo Card"will let the spectator complete the tear and it is restored in a very,very,very magical way. I bought Ammars notes from his website along with other stuff.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Fuze by Jeff Prace allows for a spectator to complete the tear. It is a corner tNr but has a very easy set up and is best when close up. At close range and allowed to complete tear is convincing enough for anyone who actually wants to participate in a magic trick. I recommend the alternate handling over the go to pocket in the main routine. It is a solid trick.