The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Packet Trick with Changes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I am looking for packet tricks with lots of changes. In an ideal world, I want a red backed packet that changes to a blue backed packet, and Aces that change to Kings. In other words, you have both face and back changes. Does this ring bells with anyone?
Harold Cataquet
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10970 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Take alook at the threaD VINNY'S G WAVE

VINNTY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Royal Scam by John Bannon. Smile
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2150 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Restless Colors by Aldo Colombini:

Four cards with blue backs change to red backs to orange backs and finally to yellow backs. Then the faces are shown to have changed from all the same (say 6C) to another face altogether (all KD, for example). This is a modification of Elmsley's Dazzle trick, which is also a great suggestion, but as he shows in on Tahoe Sessions it is only the backs changing.

-Patrick
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hyper Twist by Richard Vollmer!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Check out "Trick Kards" in Card Magic of Nick Trost.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
There are quite a few. I'd also recommend "Royal Scam" by Bannon. But if you're really interested, Guy Hollingworth did a very interesting presentation that was part of the Essential Magic Conference last year called "Seven Things I Learned from a Packet Trick." He teaches one of those everything-changes tricks by walking you through the different steps in the many years he worked on it -- and then, when it's all polished and smooth, questions whether it's any good or not. It's on the 2010 EMC disks.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Hard to beat Royal Scam.
Also look up Kolor Killer by Peter Duffie.
There is video on his website.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 21:19, Mr. Woolery wrote:
Restless Colors by Aldo Colombini:

Four cards with blue backs change to red backs to orange backs and finally to yellow backs. Then the faces are shown to have changed from all the same (say 6C) to another face altogether (all KD, for example). This is a modification of Elmsley's Dazzle trick, which is also a great suggestion, but as he shows in on Tahoe Sessions it is only the backs changing.

-Patrick

This sounds a bit different than Roy Waltons Restless Colors which is also an excellent packet trick that changes back colors and faces. ie I need to check this out. Another packet trick I enjoy is Queens Out of Control which utilizes 2 packets and lot of whacky antics.
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I like the sound of Aldo Colombini's Restless Colors, but are you sure you aren't talking about the Roy Walton effect?... Where can I find it?

Dazzle and Maxi Twist (which is the basis for Royal Scam) are great tricks. These tricks are members of a class of effects [changing backs AND faces] that I'm trying to identify.

If I can add another qualifier, I'd like everything to be examinable at the end.
Harold Cataquet
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
An interesting twist on Maxi-Twist, dpe666!

One trick that I'd include (which I'm surprised that no one has mentioned) is Terry Roger's Rainbow Cascade {which is based on the Walton effect).
Harold Cataquet
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Dazed by Peter Duffie has 3 changes and is $10 at wildcolombini.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2150 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Sorry! It is indeed Roy Walton's effect, but taught by Aldo Colombini (available from him with instructional DVD and cards for $10). I'm not sure how different it might be from Walton's presentation, I'm describing the effect it appears to me. I only just got this one and have not learned to do it yet. But it does fit the request for a packet trick with changes of backs and faces. In the presentation, the backs go through a total of four different colors, the faces change from all one face to all another. And it does really seem to borrow from Elmsley's Dazzle.

-Patrick
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2011-07-07 02:02, Mr. Woolery wrote:
Sorry! It is indeed Roy Walton's effect, but taught by Aldo Colombini (available from him with instructional DVD and cards for $10). I'm not sure how different it might be from Walton's presentation, I'm describing the effect it appears to me. I only just got this one and have not learned to do it yet. But it does fit the request for a packet trick with changes of backs and faces. In the presentation, the backs go through a total of four different colors, the faces change from all one face to all another. And it does really seem to borrow from Elmsley's Dazzle.

-Patrick

It's simplified plus uses all alike cards. The original can be found in The Complete Walton books.

Re: " If I can add another qualifier, I'd like everything to be examinable at the end."

Now you're really trying to narrow down the field, lol. Royal Scam does fit the bill, and John has another speedier version of his own effect in one of his more recent publications.

How about an effect where fronts change, backs change, everything is examinable and it's instantly reset. May as well go for broke Smile:)
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Bring me the head of a packet trick.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2011-07-07 15:12, Phil J. wrote:
Bring me the head of a packet trick.

Which I should clarify IS a name of a Mark Elsdon packet effect from Alakazam. I remember Mark showing me this years back when it had a different title.
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Rainbow Cascade and Maxi Twist both fit those additional requirements, Paul!
Harold Cataquet
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Harold,

The MacKenzie Drink has lots of changes in it! It seems as if Paul Gordon has lots of these types available. Jeepers Creepers is just one that comes to mind.

Enjoy the search!

Regards,

Paul Green
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Get Phil Goldstein's Focus, lots of good, colorfull packets tricks in there