The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Leprechans (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Doug, I bet if you made several packets,

you could......

sell them!

Right here!

On the Café!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
But the effect is Aldo's. I don't have the right to sell them. Bad ethics, it would be.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you are discussing the trick in the photo, it was originally put out by Marcom:

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Imagine doing Joe Rider's 1970 Three Card Trick (with Four Cards) using your clip art images of Leprechauns and pots of gold on jumbo cards you print yourself. Spellbinder shows you how in The Wizards' Journal #22.

Qua-Fiki has led the way in re-styling old packet tricks in new forms using clip art and the best example of this is in his "Go Fish Card Tricks" collection. Instead of using fish pictures, once again the Leprechaun and his Pot of Gold could be used in most of them.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Google images yielded at least one nice, very useable Leprachaun and pot of gold.

Now if I can just get my butt down to the library to copy them off!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. I went to the library. Sad dissapointment! The library does not have a color printer!! They only offer black and white copies! I certainly am not going to make this effect up in black and white!

I'm back to square one. Looks like this project will never get off the ground. And today is St Patties day. Smile Maybe I need to go find a four leaf clover somewhere, because I'm certainly NOT having the luck O' the Irish.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On 2013-03-17 09:51, daffydoug wrote:
Ok. I went to the library. Sad dissapointment! The library does not have a color printer!! They only offer black and white copies! I certainly am not going to make this effect up in black and white!

I'm back to square one. Looks like this project will never get off the ground. And today is St Patties day. Smile Maybe I need to go find a four leaf clover somewhere, because I'm certainly NOT having the luck O' the Irish.

This won't solve the problem for you in time for St Patrick's Day, but maybe for the future you can look into your local print shops, Staples or Office Depot. They usually will take photos from most digital media storage devices and print them out for you. I have even known drug stores that have photography centers that can also do this. Next holiday coming up is Easter if you want to give it a try.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Jimgerrish What a great idea rabbits instead of Leprechauns, colored eggs instead of the rainbow, candy instead of pots of gold.

Leo Jr
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Jingerish,

You mean since I have the needed photos saved on my I phone, they will just take it and print it off for me directly from the phone?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You're asking the wrong person. Take it to one of these photo/print places and see what they can use. I don't know a thing about i-phones except that they make everything too small for me to see what I am doing, so I avoid them. But I assume they are up with the latest technology.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You're right about I phones making things small. It's all I have for my internet and for browsing the Café. It's very cramped on this little screen, but it's all I have right now.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Qua-Fiki took Paul Curry's 1965 "Case of the Missing Hat" trick, which we have been discussing here as Marcom's "Leprechauns" and made it into a Bunny and Carrot trick that he calls "The Mystery of the Missing Carrot." It's in The Wizards' Journal #25. He went to a card manufacturing company and had some prototypes made up in jumbo card sizes for those who don't want to print out their own cards. The cards just came in and they look and feel excellent. Qua-Fiki has two versions- the "plain vanilla" version with unnamed bunnies and carrots, and his new variation where the rabbit cards are different and have their names printed on the bottoms of the cards. I've seen him performing this with his computer printed cards and when the new manufactured cards come in, I expect it will be even better. You'll recall that in Curry's original and in the original "Leprechauns" all the cards had to look exactly alike with blank backs. With Qua-Fiki's new version, the cards have backs and the whole bouncing bunny family is there, with Bob the Bunny, Bobette his wife, and all the little Bobbities facing every which way. He also came up with a new "see-through" version of Roy Baker's Flapdoodle Bag to vanish the "stolen" carrot, and vanish all the cards at the end of the effect. I'll try to get him to make a video when the new cards come in.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That would be excellent!

I finally got the Leprachaun effect printed up. It ended up being a major struggle and expense, but in the end I think it's going to be worth it because my end results look fabulous. I used shiny origami foil paper for the colored backs and my leprachauns and pots of gold look way better than the ones Aldo uses in the DVD performance.

So I'm happy.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Qua-Fiki's Video "The Mystery of the Missing Carrot" is on-line attached to The Wizards' Journal #25 description of the effect. In the video, instead of using his flap doodle bag variation, he uses a card box vanish that he originally developed as a transition device between Bunny Business and More Bunny Business, discovering that it also makes a great Carrot Card vanishing device.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Carrot card, eh?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
That translates to any jumbo card you want to make disappear while the box is in the hands of a spectator. I play the part of a spectator in the video. I'm not really a spectator, but I play the part.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Quote:
On 2013-04-10 08:20, jimgerrish wrote:
Qua-Fiki took Paul Curry's 1965 "Case of the Missing Hat" trick, which we have been discussing here as Marcom's "Leprechauns" and made it into a Bunny and Carrot trick that he calls "The Mystery of the Missing Carrot."

"Cascade" and "Shenanigans" are a different effect than the "Case of the Missing Hat."
Hayre
View Profile
Loyal user
Arkansas
240 Posts

Profile of Hayre
Found a Marcom Leprechauns complete, and unused, at a local magic estate auction for $3. It is a wonderful effect, and so Marcom-esque. Not quite bizarre, but getting close. More whimsical and fantasy-like. Would never sell this. A rare gem.
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Shenanigans by Aldo Colombini, with a terrific presentation by Trevor Lewis, is a magnificent packet trick that kids just love. It is a version of an older trick that was popularized more recently (10 or 15 years ago) as Sympathetic Jacks (aka Sympathetic Cards). At the end, everything is examinable and there is nothing to add or take away. The problem is that the trick is out of print and it is not likely to return, due to the cost of color printing and the fact that the copyright is unavailable. But if you can find one, get it. A real gem.