The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: ROYAL SCAM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
sushimonster
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of sushimonster
In theory, yes. What you will miss is the great touches and ideas Bannon shares in the DVD. Worth the price - which isn't much.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
And if you can not develop a good presentation, what is the point.
With RS, there are so many ways you can go.
QOC, what theme is there?
I end RS with mirrors on the back....
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
JSBLOOM, you end with 3 cards with mirrors on the back and 1 card with a red back?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
While I like Bannon's work in general, I see RS as QOOC with a different way to showing the cards at the beginning and different set of cards at the end.
Like Jeff is mentioning ending with mirrors or some other back.

If you don't have QOOC then RS is a great trick to have, if you have QOOC I don't think you need RS

Pablo
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
This is one I still need to get, makes so much more sense than Queens Out of Control.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Motown,
maybe, maybe not depending upon your presentation. If you are looking for an effect dealing with gambling, hard to beat it for an effect where you end up clean. If you like gambling themed effects, call of the wild is a killer effect too, but like any effect, you need to practice so your counts looks smooth. I remember 6 years ago, practicing my hamman count infront of my Chief. It was not good. Now, it is. I use to tell people to burn my hands for feedback.
I am going to look at QOOC. Key thing, is make it your own to fit your personality. I came up with the mirror backs after seeing Daryl's presentation of Flipped.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
QOOC comes with cards that are just not durable. SCAM is the way-2-go in my opinion.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
SCAM is my favorite Bannon, but it would be nice to be able to buy refill cards. Now is the only full set of DVD to get some new Aces.

-M-
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I just ordered RS! I need to have it. I don't know how many Aces are needed for RS.

From a never paid custom order, I have 2 sets of Aces of Spades with 9 different colour riderbacks available.

So if anyone is interested...
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Addition to my post above:

4 odd backed Aces + 1 royal flush in standard red or blue.
Makes 4 available sets.

But I guess I can't beat Penguin Magic's price *grr*
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 22:57, MortenN wrote:
SCAM is my favorite Bannon, but it would be nice to be able to buy refill cards. Now is the only full set of DVD to get some new Aces.

-M-

Hi Morten, Pretty easy. Buy 4 different colored Bicycle decks and ar red or blue deck, and you will have 4 sets of cards, with a royal straight flush in 4 different suits. that's the easiest and cheapest way to get refills.

Br.

Jan
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
That would end up being more $ then just buying RS again
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Well my price for 4 odd backed aces is almost equal to the cheapest price for the complete new trick, but....

... you are not limited to Aces of Spades
... you are not limited to Aces at all
... I prefer colored Rider Backs

But I would buy it new & complete again. The DVD is then for the bin.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
mmstudios
View Profile
New user
Frazeysburg,Ohio
30 Posts

Profile of mmstudios
Ahh,good idea! just buy four decks and have 52 sets of cards if you want in addition to your royal flush.then just show one(any card)and say..."THIS is my lucky card, the three of hearts(for example)! I always use the three of hearts to warm up before card games, AND to practice card control!"

JSBLOOM -"I doubt any one can name a better examineable packet trick than this that uses more than 3 cards."

are you forgetting the color monte?..uhm..using one set in each hand ...substituting charlier cuts for..never mind
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 18:29, mmstudios wrote:
Ahh,good idea! just buy four decks and have 52 sets of cards if you want in addition to your royal flush.then just show one(any card)and say..."THIS is my lucky card, the three of hearts(for example)! I always use the three of hearts to warm up before card games, AND to practice card control!"

That won't work as one of the Ace of Spades is used in the royal flush as well as the 1st packet. Smile
mmstudios
View Profile
New user
Frazeysburg,Ohio
30 Posts

Profile of mmstudios
By the way, bannon goes into the e______ c____ in some detail , but not much at all on the h______ c____ ,other than just saying to exchange the packets.there are subtleties that are needed to help make it look good.card college volume 2 would be a good refrence for that.
mmstudios
View Profile
New user
Frazeysburg,Ohio
30 Posts

Profile of mmstudios
Dpe666- oh your right!no wonder it hasnt been working!
when I had a shop, I used to laminate some of packet tricks to keep from wearing them out. I wouldnt want to do that in "real life" though.
Count Zapik
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
205 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
There is another way to do the effect with different cards.
Without having to waste important cards from specially bought decks needed to make up the effect.
Use Jokers instead of Aces. Use Kings instead of Royal flush.
Set up as known.
Patter about the jokers being kings on bicycles- bring attention to the line drawing on the cards. Do the display of all cards.
Do the faceup/down displays.
End up with two piles face up and down as known.
Bring attention to face up kings being the keenest cyclists; indeed if you look very close you can see the colour of their bicycles. display fronts then knowingly turn over cards to reveal coloured backs.
Suggest that the face down kings are lazy or sleeping. Turn cards over to display four kings no longer on bicycles. hold back last card.
No one ever questions the vanish of a card. Indeed I suspect it looks fair because their are four kings in each packet.
In UK where royal flush means less or is not understood by a lay public this presentation is maybe easier to enjoy for some audiences.
John Bannon's original is of course unquestionably excellent- this is only an amusing variation with alternative cards.
Thanks John for a fun effect. Great to see you at Blackpool again this year.

Best wishes to all.
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Mmstudios,
You are joking right?
Jeff
PS-If any bought the effect, you could always just have four redbacked cards and mention how if you cheat in real life, the key is not to get caught red handed. I simply made mirror backed cards to end with some Daryl patter.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
That's is a very good idea, Cout Zapik. Indeed in Europe nobody understands pokerterms.