The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Favorite Examinable Packet Trick (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Intuition/Out of the Blue by John Guastaferro (Brainstorm Vol 2).

The color change at the end is quite stunning, plus everything's examinable at the end (except the spectator).

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Stuart Coyle
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of Stuart Coyle
Twisting the Aces. Even works a charm using animal cards for kids and having each animal roll over when called to.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
For me it's "this, that and the other" a version of the colour monte (same moves different cards)
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
For me it's "this, that and the other" a version of the colour monte (same moves different cards)
James Schwab
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of James Schwab
Sympathetic Cards is definitely one of my favorite packet effects to perform. Lately, I have been using a version I bought from Aldo Colombini that uses Leprechauns and pots of gold instead of aces and jokers. Another really good packet effect with examinable cards is Alexander De Cova's Wild Card. I also use Poor Man's Monte which is on a Harry Lorayne video(It's an ungaffed Sidewalk Shuffle with no blank cards). Those three are my favorite packet effects.
RickyD
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of RickyD
I'd have to say Color Monte (though I often do it with "normal" cards), Reset, and a variation on Dr. Daley's Last Trick.

Honestly don't do a whole lot of packet tricks, though ...
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."
-- Philippians 4:23
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Color Monte
Dr Daley's Last Trick
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Assuming the post means you end up clean with no switches which I believe the intent was, I have to vote for the color monte (or no gaffed monte) and gemini twins.
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Rainbow cascade by roy walton
mxray
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mxray
Dr Daley (with a different ending I came up with)
and Card Warp.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Another vote for J Guastaferro Intuition and Out of the blue. A very complete routine with strong magic that fooled magicians !
Smile Smile Smile
Bursky
View Profile
New user
West Hollywood, Ca.
78 Posts

Profile of Bursky
Bro. Hamman's Twins.
pjmm23
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of pjmm23
Color monte for me.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Intuition and Out of the Blue make a fantastic little routine together.

I don't know if you'd consider Guy Hollingworth's 'Quartet' Card Routines "packet tricks", but they are great. And if you follow the instructions in his booklet, you end clean and examinable.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1805 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Did anyone mention Color Monte..WOW what a crowd pleaser. One I really like and did not get a mention at all. Roy Walton's "Cascade"...One super neat packet effect that is totally examinable...
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-07-07 17:34, Rennie wrote:
Did anyone mention Color Monte..WOW what a crowd pleaser. One I really like and did not get a mention at all. Roy Walton's "Cascade"...One super neat packet effect that is totally examinable...
Rennie

Check 2 posts above yours... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1805 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Joseph,
I was joking. Color Monte was mentioned many, many times. That is why I said it was a crowd pleaser...No one mentioned Cascade though..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
So was I...Just came out poorly....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
For me, Sympathetic Cards by Ronnay. Multiple color changes, multiple face changes. At the end, with all backs different colors, you can leave them for examination until the spectator's blue in the face. Nothing to find, nothing added, nothing taken away.

DonB!
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Does anyone know if Peter Duffie's "Dazzle" is examinable?