The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Producing smoke from bare hands (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Hi all!

I'm looking for a way to produce smoke from my close fist while changing an object and apologies I have no knowledge whatsoever on that kind of product... I did some research but there seems to be so many products depending on the situation and also with a huge price range so I'm a bit lost... Basically I would like to do what Ekat does in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjWd7onxaAE) at 4:37 (and onwards).

Any advice please?

Thanks in advance!
Ben
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Hi Ben, first we have to be realistic in that the smoke usually "appears" to come from the bare hand but is always actually being produced somewhere else. There are Watches and other devices that are worn in various locations and then direct the smoke to the desired location. The cost factor is usually based on repeatability and ease of use. Some are complicated electronic systems and others are just more simple. Please read the reviews first and hopefully you can get something reliable as that is a wide range as well!
Ray Pierce
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Thank you Ray! And understood, makes sense. I was more looking for something simple - I was actually hoping that you could apply some sort of substance to your hands which would transform into a bit of smoke when rubbed but apparently that's not the case.

I'll do some more research for sure - any further advice welcome!

(I guess it's tough to tell what Ekat is using in her video?)

Thanks again!
Ben
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
It appears that she is using one of the commercial electronic devices that is concealed "somewhere" close by.
Ray Pierce
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Thank you!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1056 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Actually, some of Ekat's most popular reviews are smoke devices. So you can see which ones she prefers to use in various situations.

benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Oh wasn’t aware of that! Thank you! Smile