The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Best Quality Flash Paper - Floating Rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Lately, the flash paper I've been buying (Theater FX) has been difficult to use with Kevin James Floating Rose. Some has been so bad that when I twist the rose, it rips in half in my hands.

Any suggestions on where to find better flash paper that would be crisper/maintain a tighter roll for this routine would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sounds like the flash paper you are using is old. You have to keep flash paper in a sealed tin, preferably air tight, so it is not exposed to air and sunlight.

I suggest practicing your method of forming the rose with craft tissue paper, and be more gentle. Also sounds like you are squeezing the paper to tight. If you see Kevin James do it, he is very gentle while forming the rose.

Most flash paper all comes from one source, or it use to.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Quote:
Most flash paper all comes from one source, or it use to.

In Europe that is not the case... I tried a lot of different qualities, some of which were not suitable for the rose (i.e a kind like tissue paper, whih tear off very easily).
On the other hand, some other I tried were very "crispy" and perfect for such an effect...

I'm also looking for a reliable source of quality flash paper.