The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: I just got my fire wallet. Any experiences, tips tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
I love opening it and then shutting it and pulling my buisness card for people. It destroys and horrible memories of 21 card tricks that they may have if you just ask them to watch a trick. A fire wallet dispells all this. However, all the forums I've seen seem to be pretty quiet about it. Pros don't use it much either. Thoughts?
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It is great for just about any time that you want to set an impression, or get attention.

I do a lot of fire, and carry my fire wallet almost as much as my regular wallet.

But, In my opinion, it isnt much of a stand alone magic effect as it is a gag effect, attention getter, or supporting apparatus. Open it, give a gag line, hand out your card, or pull a dollar bill for an effect, or reveal a previosuly chose card, etc.

It is a fun prop, but you cant just "load it" and go off for the day, and expect it to perform the same all day. Some hold their fire better than others, but a couple of hours is usually the limit before you need to refresh the unit.

ANyway, go ahead and enjoy it. Freinds and relatives love it. And you can work it into an act if really want to do it.

Good luck and be careful.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Good points. I use it for an attention getter when I'm street hoppin because I like people to come over to me. I also carry a small vial to refresh the unit so it can last all day. I would like to get into some more fire effects like the fire from palms you have but I would like to know how much of your hands you can show before/after. Maybe there is a way to contact you bro?
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I did just use mine in a Stage show to reveal a previously marked and lost card.

But mostly just use it as you do, to get peoples attention on the street.

To start you really cant show much of your hands except the parts that see in my pic.

As for performing angles they are same as initial, on the fire from palms, you just have to keep you fingers a bit higher than your palm and your hand slighlty cupped.

Then you need to ditch the gimmicks as soon as you are sure they are completely out, as you still cant show very much of your hands.

I make an upward throwing motion and keep looking up as I bring my hands down and ditch them.

Obviously, then I can wave my hands as desired.

I have had folks as close a 3 feet when I snatched the gimmicks and started and they only saw the fire. (I dont do any fire unless I have folks at least an arm's length away. That way if one starts to reach, I can douse the fire before they can get to it.)

You can email me first at $david$@$davidwertman$.$com$

But I am not in it for the money, so you will need to take out the $ signs that are used to thart SPAM address harvestors.

After we correspond via email, if you still have questions - we can hook up by phone.

Hope that helps answer some questions.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.