The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Pocket Flamethrower? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Does anyone know if this is still being made?
Official Thread Killer
Magic Tad
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Magic Tad
Check out this DVD http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S12355
Ultimate Fire Magic by Jeremy Pei - DVD I have'nt looked at this in a while but I think it tells how to do this with lighters. Good luck but be very carefull. Magic Tad
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I don't think that Kevin is making them anymore. Too bad though...Really great effect in person!
Very different from Pei's version. Kevin was able to use a borrowed lighter and then give it back.
Gwyd
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
This is not made anymore.
Although this is made and in my opinion much better and safer.
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/eruption-b......605.html
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Stucky,

Are you familiar with the workings of this effect?

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Eruption looks like "Dragons Breath" to me....

Ron, in what way?
Official Thread Killer
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
It uses dragons breath as a refill.
The gimmick is a way of shooting drogons breath in the air and igniting it at the same time.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I have the effect. It uses a butane refill cartridge. Lasts a long time. Thought I could help you with the prop. PM me. Dragons Breath will not flame as long.

-Ron

Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I contacted the guy who makes it. Said he might re-release it in the future with some advancements.
Official Thread Killer
RiotStrike
View Profile
New user
I've cemented
39 Posts

Profile of RiotStrike
Not that it's exactly a safe idea, but would the gimmick or setup allow you to use this with just a lit candle?
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
That would depend on how you want to use the candle. The idea of Dragons Breath is to point your finger close to a lit candle and a Flame bursts forth as you swing your arm in an arc. The flame is several feet long and lasts for a second or two. Generally you'll see a pointing finger with a flame shooting out of it on the advertisements.

The object of the Flame Thrower, on the other hand, is that you light a match or cigarette lighter and the flame shoots up several feet and you can keep the flame going for a while (say 20 or 30 seconds) as you saw in the video. Two seperate effects.

-Ron

Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Well if you can do it with a match, a candle is not that far off.
Official Thread Killer
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Actually the candle is too long. You need the flame closer to the hand. A small birthday candle will work but would look a little silly.

-Ron

RiotStrike
View Profile
New user
I've cemented
39 Posts

Profile of RiotStrike
I'm sure with a little engineering it could work. Based on what I saw on the video, who's to say you can't just somehow affix the apparatus to the stem of a candle?? May not be "impromptu" at that point but it still could nonetheless work...
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
You can't affix the apparatus to the candle as it goes up your sleeve. And again, the "end" of the apparatus must be near the flame. Stucky, you can PM me and I can explain it to you.

-Ron

RiotStrike
View Profile
New user
I've cemented
39 Posts

Profile of RiotStrike
Not trying to be the antagonist here Ron but I believe after a bit of searching I have proven my point. by a bit I mean about 6 hours lol, but I have freetime at work. according to the guy who's website this attached pic is on, the skull-wearing fiend had some sort of butane powered device with some surgical tubing taped to the candle that came from his sleeve.

while frustrated that I didn't think of it first, I am a bit gratified that it is in fact possible. I hope this widens your gaze a bit and you don't look at this like a big digital middle finger.

Click here to view attached image.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I would think you could still use a candle and temporarily affix the gimmick so it could then "disappear" when yer done. To each their I own with a little ingenuity.
Official Thread Killer
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Fine... Whatever floats your boat. I was trying NOT to expose the working here in this section. Hope you feel better. You could have asked me and saved 5-1/2 hours.

-Ron

RiotStrike
View Profile
New user
I've cemented
39 Posts

Profile of RiotStrike
Ron I'm not the biggest proponent of exposure either but the principal of the matter is I would like to think our community was a bit more open minded to believe that utilities and props could be used for effects other than their direct intention. you only seemed to want to argue that it cant be done. I hope in the future you will widen your gaze, as that is what we all must do to save and preserve our art.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Darn... didn't realize I was destroying our art. Hmmmmmmmmmm
However, I will not beat a dead horse.

-Ron