The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Electric mini smoke? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
hathor
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of hathor
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has used the "electric mini smoke" that I saw at found at the below web site

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/electric-m......ency=USD

I was thinking of buying it...but no one can tell me how much smoke it will produce...it uses a fogger fluid. Would it be anythig like what I saw from an ultra smoke 2000. Basically I want to make an open unbrella look like its smoldering in the sun, without any actual flame or sparks etc. Or if anyone has any suggestions on how todo this I would love the help I'm very new to smoke effect. I also have a low budget.

any help is appreciated.

thankyou

hathor
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
I was wondering about this myself.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
From what I was told . It makes a little noise and not lots of smoke but for the price I quess you get what you pay for .Well most of the time any way...
Just try that’s all you can do , never give up .
ProfessorO
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ProfessorO
I certainly wouldn't recomend it. I tried using it in a show once. I was playing an absent minded guy who put matches into a pocket and started to catch himself on fire... problems was the mini smoke is REALLY MINI! No one saw the smoke and hence I got no reaction.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Yes, mini is the word. If you ever had a Lionel smoking engine, it is about the same thing. It does work well for close-up.

Since smoking is banned in most places, I walk into an establishment smoking my Rogers wooden cigar. I'm told to put it out and I place it in my breast pocket. I engage the conversation until the mark comments that I am on fire.

Fun gag.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Oh yea - get the fluid from a train store. And don't use an expensive coat. The smoke leaves an oily residue.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2547 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Would the electric mini smoke gimmick work if I wanted to make a wiz kote smoke? I was thinking if I turned on the smoke gimmick when placing the shoe in it would have time to build up smoke while I patter about color, shine, etc.
Do you think with this mini smoke trapped in a box with lid and left to sit 1-2 minutes that when the box is opened that smoke would pour out?

Thanks.

-Paul
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 14:41, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Would the electric mini smoke gimmick work if I wanted to make a wiz kote smoke? I was thinking if I turned on the smoke gimmick when placing the shoe in it would have time to build up smoke while I patter about color, shine, etc.
Do you think with this mini smoke trapped in a box with lid and left to sit 1-2 minutes that when the box is opened that smoke would pour out?

Thanks.

-Paul

It will work, but the smoke won't pour out. Small amounts of smoke will puff out.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Is it activated only buy putting a cigarette in it like the add states then is there also an off on button or timer delay?

Langston
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
A toggle switch turns it on, it then takes 5 to 10 seconds to start making smoke.