The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Non Burning Bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of glatner
Hi, in science class today we were working with fire, and the teacher told us about and old experiment he did where you soaked a bill in water, then put alchohol on, and it would burn, but the bill wouldn't. I'd love to do a similair effect for magic, but the method requires the bill to be soak almost immeadiately before lighting, which would ruin the effect? Does anyone have an alternative method?

Thanks

Gabe
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Burned and restored bill utilizing your favorite method.

Bill
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
You could maybe hold the bill out with it fully extended, then have a card hiddne in back of the bill, but not touching the bill (about an inch from the bill).. Now light the card, and it would appear as thoguh the bill was lit, but only the card is.. I don't know. may work..

-Vinnie
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Oh, one more thing.. I just have a question..

Do you think this would work of you were to light your finger on fire? Like, first you dip your finger in water, then put alcohol over the part with water, then light it, and it shouldnt hurt for a while?

Thanks
-Vinnie
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of glatner
No, skin absorbs water inside it . plus the alchohol would dry it out.
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
If you have the bill rolled inside a film canister of water, you can bring it out right before performance, dunk and unroll inside the alcohol (I assume some patter such as "to make it burn faster" to account for the addition of a liquid), and burn, baby, burn.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Vinnie Laraway, that is what I was thinking.