The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: 10 min fire act? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
I need some help with creating a 10 minute long fire and card act...

The card manipulation will last around 4 minutes, but I am looking for a way of combining cards and fire together as one illusion.

I will begin with some fire effects, and then would like to do something involving cards and fire.

I'd finally end the act with my card manipulations.

I am open to suggestions!

Kevin.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
I always dreamed of a flaming split fan production. Hmmmmmm... maybe you could dip the tips of the cards in lighter fluid, produce a fan and then ignite it.

The problem is you couldn't back palm them again.

Kev, what kind of fire effects would you be doing?
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
What you are talking about is an act very similar to Colin Rose (Young magician of the year in the UK in the 60's take a look at his site http://www.colinrosemimc.co.uk
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
lol

It is Colin Rose that inspired me to do this.

His act is copyrighted, so I couldn't just do that.

Any other suggestions?

Smile
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
I wasn't suggesting that you copy Colin's act. That was the last thing on my mind.
In fact, I am going to dinner with him on Saturday if you want me to ask him anything for you, PM me.

P.S. If you want to be successful you need to look at a fire act from a different angle such as techno or clasical. I'm not just talking about music but costume, set tables, props, lighting, pace etc. Unfortunatley this is somthing a lot of magicans forget when they are putting an act together. (I don't mean to sound patronising but this is a true fact.)

Best Magical Wishes
Paul Dabek
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
Thanks for your advice, it will be a faster paced act!

My costume will be just waistcoat and shirt. I'm not taking any chances with baggy clothing!

Thanks again,
Kevin.