The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Shipping Flash Cotton Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I'm about to consume my last package of Flash Cotton. I will be needing more soon and a dealer friend told me that it is forbidden to ship this by plane nowadays due to a lot of bomb threats.
Is this true?
I live outside the U.S. and I plan to order soon. Which dealers ships these? Is the cost still at US$7.50 per packet?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
As far as I know it can still be shipped. since it is shipped wet.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Lou,

I'd have a look on eBay. There are a few good dealers on there who will be able to tell you if they will ship to the Philippines. I'd avoid the cheapest ones and look for someone you feel confident in.

This wet shipping thing must be an American thing, in the UK mine is always shipped dry and stored dry. no problems. I believe that if the paper/wool is not washed properly then it can have some undesirable effects, including discolouring and possibly combusting unexpectedly. Hence buy from a good source.

I'll get ready for a panning for mentioning the evil eBay now.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Simply ask the next theatre. They normally use pyrotechnics several times a year and already have licensed suppliers. As Pyrotechnics are dangerous goods, their transportation and storage is restricted. Research the national legislation - a violation of these restrictions is a crime in most countries!
meatball76
View Profile
New user
Butte, montana
22 Posts

Profile of meatball76
I just ordered my flash paper and cotton from ebay and got it three days later and it was shipped wet and still works great.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
I have never had any problems with shipments from Theater Effects.

Robert