The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Inviso Torch Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Hey, I'm going to order an inviso-torch tomorrow from Penguin Magic. I was just wondering if anybody knows what model it is. Is it the newer one with the old name, or is it the actual out of print inviso-torch.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
If it is an inviso-torch it must be the old model, since the new one is called Phoenix.

And the old ones have been pretty impossible to find for quite a time. So don't be surprised if it turns out that the item is out of stock.

I haven't dealt with Penguin Magic, so if you have decided to buy there, ask them which one it is. I bought mine directly from Jim Pace's web site, http://whiterabbitmagic.com and I know mine are the new ones.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Are there any significant improvements with the newer "Pheonix"?

It says on the Penguin website, that the original Inviso-Torch is now back in stock. I will email them and find out and let you know.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
The Phoenix has some improvements over the original Inviso-torch, but they are not so major that it is a revolution. It just makes the unit a little better.

But if you really want an authoritative answer, contact Jim Pace. He posts here sometimes and has posted his web iste, and you can get his email from there. He is a great guy who cares about magic, and the products he conceived. He can give you the straight comparison.

Another possibilty is that Penguin knows that the name "inviso-torch" is well recognized and the name phoenix isn't established yet. So even though they could have a phoenix, they might still call it an inviso-torch.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.