The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Hot Scotch and Soda :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Hi, although not really fire, it is chemical so if anyone could help I would be greatful. I have seen Scotch and Soda performed when the magi does to {sleight} and wraps the coin[s] in foil and places in spec. hand with water underneath, soon coin gets so hot and spec. needs to drop in water, you take out and it appears coins melted together. I like this because it brings meaning to the trick. If anyone could help me, plese do.
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I use my Scotch and Soda in an interesting way. If my method has been published somewhere, I am unaware. I do not believe that I am revealing any secrets that have been comercialized and sold by a dealer.

My presentation is so simple that I would be truly amazed if no one has ever thought about it.

SO HERE GOES.

Magi produces a balloon, which he inflates.

Then, he pulls two coins (a "rare" U.S. Kennedy half dollar, and a Mexican 20 Centavo, (souvenir from a Cancun vacation),
which he is carrying as a good luck charm.

He wraps the coin in a small piece of paper,
displaying the separate coins in a manner that there is no doubt in any specs. mind that they are wrapped in the paper.
He places the paper wrapped coins on a plate or something handy, ignites the wrapped coins, and VOILA!....... only the half is there.

He bursts the balloon, and wonderously...
there is the CENTAVO.

As far as fooling with chemicals that generate heat, BE CAREFUL.

These kinds of things are prone to mishap.

They could injure someone or damage property.

Smile
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The effect you talk about is indeed dangerous, and was pulled from the market for that very reason.
:smoke:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks