The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Thumb Tip Flame and other products for this halloween (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Hi Y'all,
I was thinking of incorporating an effect where I can make a flame (doesn't have to be big, enough to light a cig) appear at my finger tips, transfer it from candle to candle. Other than using a standard gimmick, is there anything else that would accomplish this? And also, what kind of fuel does this gimmick use?

Thanks y'all
Sincerely, lawrenceng
:righton:
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Paladin
View Profile
New user
Somerset, UK
58 Posts

Profile of Paladin
Um fire from fingertips is available, but not terribly exciting (IMO) flame from palms, very cool, you can toss it from hand to hand, large vessels though, and none to easy to ditch. Sorry, I can't help you with thumb tip flame, I've often looked at this effect, but never had the money... If you get it, let me know what you think.

Stu
...and brilliant people should cross each others cycles, like some of the nicest planets.

Oscar Wilde
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Stu,
Thanks. I was looking at those Omega units as well, but found them exactly as you said. The Thumb Tip Flame goes for 9 dollars at the magicwarehouse, not too much, but am really trying to stop the habit of buying stuff and having them end up in the drawers instead.
:righton:
thanks y'all
lawrenceng