The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Skinner Cream.. Come back (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
Hi all,

Wow.. Many years since I've been here or done any magic in my spare time.... I'm now back at it. Re learning some of my favourites... But noticed searching the board that Skinners Edge cream is hard to come by.... Ledger website also down.
I bought a box full years ago but it's lost... (yes I've cried many nights). I tried sort kwik, oils, other suggestions through the years suggest on magic cafe but nothing did it for me than Skinners Edge cream...

Please tell me it'sin production and sold to UK still in 2024?

Someone save my return!

Much love

Waz
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2504 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Skinner's Edge Creme was/is a rebranding of the widely available (at least in North America) Papercreme.

You might also investigate other solutions here.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
Thank you kind sir. I'll take a gander.... So far not many, if any UK online shops sl that Lee papercreme
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2904 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Is that the same thing as SortQuik?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2504 Posts

Profile of ddyment
There are many fingertip-moistening products on the market, designed for money-counting purposes.

I have found them to be less effective than glycerol-based hand moisturizers for card manipulation purposes, but skin chemistries differ, as may your results.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2904 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Father Cyprian told me he used Corn Huskers lotion, but I felt it wrecked a deck of cards much sooner. I use Golden Touch, but not a fan of the smell.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2504 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Tom G noted:
Quote:
Father Cyprian told me he used Corn Huskers lotion, but I felt it wrecked a deck of cards much sooner.

First time I've ever heard this claim. What makes Corn Huskers so popular is that it has no oils, so leaves no oily residue on the cards.

It is, in fact, used by fingerprint companies to take impressions without fouling the optics.
Paul24243
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Paul24243
Have you tried O'Keefe's working hands cream, my hands are extremely dry and this cream really does work.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Lee papercreme is what Mike Skinner used.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
324 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
+1 on the O'Keefe's Working Hands. I use the cream (comes in a round tub) as opposed to the lotion (comes in a tube) as I find the cream gives a better grip for card handling.
Merlin73
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Merlin73
I also use Workers Hands. It’s excellent
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2024, RS1963 wrote:
Lee papercreme is what Mike Skinner used.

Available through "Office Supply" or Amazon. Comes in a convenient pocket size compact.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Another vote for O'Keeffe's Working Hands. Without that my hands cannot do anything with a deck of cards. They're just too dry and the cards slip up.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1548 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I keep a spray bottle of Golden Touch in my close-up case with a small thing of Papercreme as a quick touch-up back up when I work. They both do a great job.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
576 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed