The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Surrounded Pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Hey all, I was wondering is there a pass that can be performed like on all views and is invisible? I remember Aaron Fisher mention that Vernon and Miller made a pass called the "kiss pass"? I might be wrong on the name but I heard it on a lecture video and I was wondering if this is possible?
Christian
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Cervon's Free-turn pass comes pretty close.
disappointing hack
View Profile
New user
aberystwyth
98 Posts

Profile of disappointing hack
I'll second that. also, a good top card cover pass will do the trick. but you're better off finding a really good one card control if you're working surrounded.
"shoot 'em in the back, quick, while they're not looking" Richard M. Nixon's Head.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
A third for Bruce's "Free Turn Pass."
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Does your routine(s) absolutely require a "secret" control?
(ex; Pass, Side-Steal, ...)

Or could you use a "disguised" control?
(ex; Gilles Couture's Swivel Cut Control, double undercut, ...)

Because, most "disguised" control are a lot easier to perform and do not require the same amount of practice a sleight like the Classic Pass requires.

But a lot also depends on your misdirection....
(I usually yell: "AAAAAAAAHHH Cockroach!!!!!" and nobody looks at my hands!!! ;-)

Just a thought!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
You can "accidentally" drop a card and do the pass while bending to pick it up.
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Trust me. Aaron Fisher has a surrounded pass that is burnable! his top cover pass is out of this world! I was to his left and a little behind him and I didn't see ANYTHING.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Get a copy of "The Modern Conjurer". You can get it from Lybrary for a good price and read the first description of the pass in the book.
markyeager
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of markyeager
Derek Dingle performing the " Cockroach Pass"
It's Fun to be Fooled
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
I'll agree that Aaron Fisher has a burnable pass. I met up with him at a convention and got him to do it at several angles and did not see a thing! His piece of advice: read Erdnase's take on the two handed pass.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
To my knowledge, only Pass which can be done surrounded is the one with Dribble Off.

It's completely invisible and very easy to do.

Hideo Kato
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
In my opinion, the One-Handed Pass taught in the video of ellusionist called Ninja1 is virtually invisible from any angle.IT IS A KILLER AND A FOOLER.
tylerdurden
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tylerdurden
What about Kaufman? I'm new to magic and the guy that owns the local magic shop told me that If I wanted to learn the pass then Kaufman's on the pass, was a must have. Why hasn't anyone mentioned him. If it's not any good where should I start.

Just asking?
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
On the pass isn't bad...HIS passes aren't that great....they're way too obvious when he does them. My fav pass on the DVD is his Half a Jiggle Pass.
watchdog
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of watchdog
Michael Ammar said that he challenged Kaufman about the pass. Ammar spotted the pass everytime Kaufman did it even when he wasn't looking directly at the pack.
The free-turn is a great pass and Fisher's is really good but the Thompson pass is the best I've never seen.
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
I saw a demo of the Cervon "Free Turn Pass", it looks good but is the angles good? Cause the angles almost look similar to the Float Pass. And did Vernon and Miller come up with a pass called the "Kiss Pass" or something like that? Thanks.
Christian
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
As to the Free Turn Pass, and assuming you are holding the deck in your left hand with the right hand coming in from above, it is only a bit angly to someone standing to your left and behind (if you are sloppy/loose in your handling).

However, I have found if you hold the deck close to your body and use some speed, it should be angle proof. I have used this surrounded for a think-stop effect without any difficulty.

As a side note, and without giving anything away, I think you will find the bigger problem to be your right hand. Practice with a mirror and this can easily be corrected by the proper holding pattern and by keeping your right hand still.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"The Invisible Pass", by Jean Hugard and Fred Braue, 1946, if you believe the authors Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tylerdurden
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tylerdurden
Watchdog,

When you're talking about Ammar spotting Kaufman do his pass every time even when he wasn't looking at him, you're talking about a pro spotting another pro.

Do you think that Kaufman's pass will work with laymen or do you suggest that I look else where?

The main draw for me picking up the Kaufman tape was that it offers variety, but I definitely want to get a DVD with a pass that when practiced will work on the more observant.

Even as a beginner, I have the same aspirations as all of the pros out there. I want my pass to be totally invisible from all sides.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Try the pass Slydini uses. It's a two-handed pass where it is invisible at almost all angles.

And like what I've said, try the One-Handed Pass taught in Ninja1 by Ellusionist. It is a KILLER to the eyes of the audience, and it is also a FOOLER. It is even easier to do than any pass.

Just a reminder. When performing a pass, MISDIRECTION is needed.