The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: The World's fastest classic F....? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
135+MPH!

Just goofing off with my friends Smile

http://youtu.be/3eEEppMRAv8

Happy new year to you all!
LuckyLuu
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
15 Posts

Profile of LuckyLuu
That is awesome dude!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Very nice!
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Haha, that was bloody fantastic.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
You are my new hero!!!
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Beautiful and funny too! Adds a new category ... it's neither at a table NOR stand-up! Hope it goes viral! Lynn
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Great stuff. World's Fastest F****, and one of the most intense as well. Next challenge is to get a parachute with the F**** on it. Ditto on hoping this goes viral.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
MMMagic29
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MMMagic29
I am new to this site and have been checking out different posts. I just watched your video. That was awesome. Your reverse springing of the cards is sweet. Thank you.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Someone did magic in the space station, which travels at 17000+ mph.
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
Ha! This reminds me of the time that the lads on Wizard Product Review riffed on a product claiming its magic was "extreme." (I think it might have been the lame effect where an ace's red heart turns black.) They said something along the lines of, "'Extreme?' Are we meant to perform this while jumping out of an airplane?!"
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
Awesome! Not what I was expecting!
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Was it a 1 way deck? Not that it diminishes the awesomeness
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
That was great!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Thanks guy! Really glad you liked it Smile

Deadsets, It was actually the same deck you see me fanning/springing earlier in the clip. That shot was taken in the plane while climbing to altitude. The whole thing was very last minute.

On facebook I was asking for ideas on what to do for my 100th skydive and somebody suggested a magic trick. In the end I decided to do something different for my 100 but when I got to the DZ Chad (card picker/main camera) said "Hey, let's do a magic trick in freefall. I'll film it." I grabbed a deck of cards that the staff use to play poker when the weather is bad, threw my gear on and got on a plane.

I actually did to a classic. The timing was very difficult since fanning the cards put me in a slightly unstable body position. First I floated up, then when I tried to spill some air to get back level to chad I started moving backwards. When chad grabbed me to keep me in place to pick a card it got easier and I could time it right.

If you look closely at the couple of frames where I release the deck, you can see some of the faces.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Shawn Evans
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Shawn Evans
Those poor cards.....they must have been so frightened.
I took the Pledge

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein