The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Steve Forte's magical contributions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1247 Posts

Profile of splice
Hey All

Here's an interesting question (to me, at least!): what about Steve Forte's contributions to the magic community? We already know him for his superhuman skills with gambling and cheating moves, but what about the magic?

Bill Malone has Forte's No Look Aces on "Here I Go Again". Sal Piacente's Memory Opener was originally (or was based on) a Forte piece. Damien Nieman's "Fast Company" has another ace cutting routine by Steve. We've seen Steve Forte and the Four Kings, but that hasn't been published.

How about it? Where else can we find Steve's contributions?
Zach Lambert
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Zach Lambert
Maybe email him and see if he has anything he's willing to share with the community.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Maybe you can ask him some questions...

http://www.stevefortegps.com/
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Steve definately made a contribution to my Magic when he bought all my repro Faro stuff back in the 1990s.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
snape
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of snape
"Miracles - The Magic of James Swain", volume 2, contains Steve Forte's Read 'Em and Weep, and Steve Forte's Poker Deal
snape
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of snape
Genii, March 2006, page 26, One Shuffle Stack by Steve Forte (described by R. Paul Wilson)
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1247 Posts

Profile of splice
Those are interesting references. Someone else already mentionned the genii one to me, I will have to track that one down.
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
Here's a link to the March 2006 Genii issue:

http://geniimagazine.com/back_issues/2006/03/index.html

Genii also did a great cover story on Steve Forte in the October, 2005 issue (which is still available): http://geniimagazine.com/back_issues/2005/index.html
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1247 Posts

Profile of splice
Thank you Mr. Acer. I had not thought the contents of the March issue were listed. I'll have to see if they have similar pages for the other volumes. I do have access to the Genii archives, but I am sad to report there seems to be nothing of Steve's in them (so no contribution of Steve's before 1998-1999 or so).

I do recall having bought the October 2005 issue, but don't recall any routines in there.

Another interesting find I just came accross: Genii, June 2001 (Vol.64,No.6) has another look at Expert at the Card Table, by Steve Forte.
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 14:11, splice wrote:
Thank you Mr. Acer. I had not thought the contents of the March issue were listed. I'll have to see if they have similar pages for the other volumes. I do have access to the Genii archives, but I am sad to report there seems to be nothing of Steve's in them (so no contribution of Steve's before 1998-1999 or so).

I do recall having bought the October 2005 issue, but don't recall any routines in there.

Hi Splice,

You're right - there are no tricks by Steve in his cover issue. And unfortunately, prior to the March, 2006 issue, there are no online listings for Genii magazine's tables of contents's(s).
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Sal Piacente's Ace Cutting Routine (the one based on estimation) from his DVD set is Steve's (excellent routine BTW). Jason England's new lecture notes has his take on Steve's One Shuffle Stack published in Genii. For me, I think the closest we get to finding published explanations on Steve's methods/style etc is in the work of Jason England.

Great topic, Splice! Hopefully some of the big guns will drop in and offer their insights.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1247 Posts

Profile of splice
Oh, is Jason's routine based on Steve's? I missed that. I do have those lecture notes and I enjoyed all of the material there. The one shuffle stack was especially clever, although I consider it a combination cull and stack (in effect, not methodology).
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
In Jason England's lecture, he teaches a riffle stacking demo using one shuffle that is based on something of Steve's. It is killer! It's so good, I reserve it for special occasions. I think most audiences couldn't handle it.