The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Best New Sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1228 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Having been constantly reminded that you don't really need to learn the pass, and that the center deal is almost without utility, and that no one I know ever does the glide, I was wondering if there is a raft of new sleights, cutting edge sleights, that will be the next must know moves for future card workers. I'm not interested in
'a good double lift' stuff, just speculation on possible moves that may have staying power.... or not.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
While a bunch of us were at Bob Kohler's house in Vegas, Asher showed me a multiple shift that had two components I hadn't seen before. One was a bluff insertion that deceptively looked like four cards were inserted into different levels of the deck, when they were actually all going into the same slot.

The second component was a move that brought all four cards to the top of the deck VERY cleanly, without any of the usual tell tale signs of conventional passes. He kept THAT one to himself...

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
496 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Thomas,

The multiple shift is called the B.S. control (out the the lecture note Sex Sells)
and the way to control them is Pulp Friction. I am working on a larger manuscript of all the applications of Pulp Friction (because I already have one out on it but it just covers the basics) but I have no clue when it will be finished. I am working on it constantly though. Hope that helps...

Lee Asher
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Hello Lee, welcome to the Cafe.

I seem to be confused about two of your moves. I thought your new control was called "Losing Control". Between Pulp Friction and Losing Control, which one is the "pass" type control that everyone is talking about?
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
496 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Cardguy,

They are actually talking about both of them. The one I think you are talking about is the Losing Control out of my new notes Hand Jobs. That is the pass type control. BUT, Pulp Friciton is a control also. This is confusing huh?

Lee Asher
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Hey Lee,
It's good to see you here. I visit this place, whenever I'm not on the road. I think it's pretty cool. I'll talk to you, soon.
Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Hey, Lee, I met you once in Miami and have two of your tapes and didn't even realize that I knew your father for the longest time while living in Miami. Say hello to him from me and I can't wait to get your new notes.
Greg Arce
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Lee Asher was here a few weeks ago and gave a delightful lecture. He even brought Dominique Duvivier's daughter with him to provide some very pleasant misdirection. I would certainly nominate the "Losing Control" as one of the most useful, clever, and effective sleights of the new generations. I am 65, so most of you are new generations to me.
Thanks Lee, for sharing some great stuff.
Magritte Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Welcome to the Cafe Lee.

Dingle also had a bluff multiple shift based on a Veeser concept (The Complete Works of Derek Dingle p.70, published 1982, also in the earlier Dingle's Deceptions.)

Paul Hallas
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Franz Beckenbauer's "Reverse Dribble Pass" - published in "Magische Welt" (October 2001).
"One arrow. One life."
Enigma
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
41 Posts

Profile of Enigma
There is the new thing from some guy where you actually three ball juggle the deck. I saw it at;
http://www.pasteboardpimps.com
it looked impossible. Hey Lee you Juggle cards?

Enigma <--- Cheeky
Smile
You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything .... unless you are tired and you need to lay down or at least sit down then it is ok not to stand, my own opinion of course.

Enigma
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Enigma = same enigma who does the cut? Smile
controlled
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of controlled
Hey Lee, just wondering where can I buy your notes Smile
Enigma
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
41 Posts

Profile of Enigma
Quote:
On 2002-04-22 16:03, r4bid wrote:
Enigma = same enigma who does the cut? Smile

Thus the (Enigma <--- Cheeky)

Other than that I plead the fifth!

Smile Smile
You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything .... unless you are tired and you need to lay down or at least sit down then it is ok not to stand, my own opinion of course.

Enigma