The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: One over the eight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
clunk_71
View Profile
New user
Burton-on-Trent England
99 Posts

Profile of clunk_71
I'm pretty loyal to the routine that I use with this, because I've never had any trouble with it.

I use the glide and all four stacks are presented and executed differently to each other. This always confuses and baffles my victims.

But not so long back I saw somebody demo this routine in a shop and I was amazed at the handling.......it was almost like the wild card routine, with nearly all the cards held in the hands throughout.

Has anyone seen this? And do you know where I can find the routine ???

Lee

leepalmer@orange.net Smile (<-with an i )
Best regards, Lee
leepalmer@orange.net

Only do what your good at....and then everything you do looks good
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hey,

If this is the routine I think you are describing, it is Steve Hamilton's, "In the Hands Wild Card Routine". This can be found in Paul Wilson's, "Little Black Book Lecture Notes."

Take care,

Dorian Rhodell
clunk_71
View Profile
New user
Burton-on-Trent England
99 Posts

Profile of clunk_71
Cheers Dorian..

I was told this was the, "One over the eight," only handled differently and not wild card.

cool nanna-> Smile

Thanx Lee

" Dogs do tricks ".......

leepalmer@orange.net
Best regards, Lee
leepalmer@orange.net

Only do what your good at....and then everything you do looks good
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Then maybe someone has taken the One over the Eight cards and changed the handling themselves, and it is not in print! Some people do things like that you know Smile

Hey Dorian, did Steve know his routine was in Paul's lecture notes?

There are loads of wild card variants out there, including some impromptu. Apart from Steve, Rob Bromley once had a funny one that is unobtainable now that you could work in the hands.

Paul.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hey,

As far as I know, Steve is and was aware that the trick would be in Paul's lecture notes. I don't think Paul would have put it in print if Steve didn't want it to be there.

Take care,

Dorian
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
There will be loads of references to good wild card routines in my next book on packet trick magic. May be out by Xmas.

Paul Hallas.