The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Equivoque to select a specific suit (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
toothlessrufus
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of toothlessrufus
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2024, toothlessrufus wrote:

In the video tutorial Lew mentions that you could set it up for all suits at once but that seems problematic.

Quote:
I think I will try this now.

At the time I first learned it, I did not have a convincing full deck false shuffle and it was easier to do a jog shuffle control of the single suit.

I have since learned a tabled riffle false shuffle. (And in the hands one also but don’t use it here)

Ok. So I tried two ways to do this set up the entire deck in the stack and alternating red and black.

Would then either just pull it out of the deck then do two riffle shuffles or already have it in the tuck box after having done the two riffle shuffles from the set up. (Even though the entire deck is stacked at casual glance the deck looks well shuffled) Then do a false shuffle and cut.

So then any of the suits could be called. And then proceed with the trick.

And it worked a few times.

But then it appeared that the multiple stacks were sometimes not surviving two riffle shuffles which I thought was the rule.

I reset the deck to all suits stacked every time it didn’t work out but it still kept happening that once in awhile a card was out of order from where it was supposed to be in the reverse stack when those name suit was taken out of the deck.

Sometimes the reverse stack would just be shifted so I could pretend to pick up in two separate parts then reassemble correctly but often there was a card that was entirely out of sequence instead.

So I am confused why the stacks are not following the rule that all stacks will survive 2 riffle shuffles.unless this just applies to a single stack in the deck. But it seems to me it shouldn’t matter if all the other cards in a suit are stacked relative to any other stacked suit because they’re all independent of each other
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
If you need to force one suit… here’s how I’d do it. (Hearts)

Do you want to remove the red card or black cards from the deck?

-black cards: removed that leaves us with the red cards I want you to imagine your holding the hearts in one and diamonds in the other hand
-red cards: I want you to imagine you just removed the red cards from the deck and you’re now holding the diamonds in one hand and hearts in the other

-give one of the suits back to me
-they give the diamonds: okay I’ll throw the diamonds away to that leaves us with hearts
-they give hearts: okay take the diamonds and throw them away, that leaves us with hearts

Adjust for the suit you’re using.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
I think someone suggested something similar after reading through all the bickering.
hendoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of hendoo
Did anyone suggest Phil Goldsteins 'Verbal Control'?

Or suggest these videos?

https://youtu.be/d8ItI3tL0wU?si=lOCllF5KvfVFc3Kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No6CawjKkus

Sorry if I'm repeating information.

Something tells me I am going to regret posting this...