The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Favorite effect utilizing the Faro... (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
On a side note, If your a fan of Joshua Jay's ribbon spread hideout, You can use it to great effect when performing "Dawn Patrol".

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Alignment of Colors at Montauk Point (in Kingdom of the Red)

Chance or Choice (in Feb. 2009 MAGIC Magazine)

Alex Elmsley's Collinspell (in The Complete Works of Alex Elmsley)
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Paul Gertner's Unshuffled from His Steel & Silver book/DVD and Best of Friends 1.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
What A M-E-S! (Harry Lorayne)
Unshuffled (Paul Gertner)
hdragonetta
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hdragonetta
Unshuffled gets my vote too. It's the only one I can think of that actually draws attention to the shufflling process.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Vernon's Aces - Lorayne
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
[Resuscitating an old thread...]

Recently, I've started doing a version of Harry Lorayne's "Fourtitude" from CUCM where, instead of using a third selection to find the first two, I use a fifth selection to find the first four. (I've also thought of forcing the four aces, say, as the first four selections.) I also really enjoy Vernon's Aces from the same book.

Other effects that have been listed here that I look forward to exploring:

Unshuffled - Gertner
Dawn Patrol - Bannon
Gymnastic Aces - LePaul

And then of course there's all of the Marlo and Elmsley material and plenty of other stuff I'm leaving out.

But how about some other favorites? Do tell.

.Jason
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Mine are Dawn Patrol by Bannon and Miracle aces by Marlo
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"Earthly Powers".

Can't remember who created it, offhand. It is taught by Harry Lorayne in one of his books and his dvd series.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Chessman -- "Earthly Powers"' is a Richard Vollmer trick that was published by Harry Lorayne in *Apocalypse* (I gathered this from searching the Café and coming across one of Harry's posts on the matter). Would you mind describing the effect?
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Unshuffled by Paul Gertner. Great use of the Faro
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Vernons Aces- Lorayne

I love the Faro. So many effects that I like that uses the Faro
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of flipped
The Marlo Opener. It's like three different effects in one trick.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-03-28 15:38, jpleddington wrote:
Chessman -- "Earthly Powers"' is a Richard Vollmer trick that was published by Harry Lorayne in *Apocalypse* (I gathered this from searching the Café and coming across one of Harry's posts on the matter). Would you mind describing the effect?

Deck is cut, and spec gets lower half to select a card from. Card is mixed in with the top portion held by the magi, and halves are put togther, false shuffled and faro'd.

Magi says he believes the card is located in the top 20--25 cards, and proceeds to make 4 piles by reverse faroing these 20-25 cards 4 times. After the piles are completed, there is 1 card remaining in the magi's hand - it is the selected card. But there is s surprise ending - the top card in each of the 4 piles are the 4 aces.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Mike Powers "Reverse Faro Coincidence"

Gertner's "Unshuffled"

Richard Vollmer's "The Two Detectives"

These are the three I find that I perform the most.

Cheers,

J.Warrens
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
One of my favorites is also in Best of Friends vol. 1 and is called "Strategy". In short, it's a sandwich location similar to Dawn Patrol but is done with 2 cards placed in 2 different parts of the deck. Due to the handling I actually find it a little easier than Dawn Patrol and can be done with any 52 card deck (which is faro'able, of course).
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Mental topper- Marlo
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Its a Ben Train miracle>>>>coming to magic magazine
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Quote:
On 2011-03-28 16:52, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-28 15:38, jpleddington wrote:

Deck is cut, and spec gets lower half to select a card from. Card is mixed in with the top portion held by the magi, and halves are put togther, false shuffled and faro'd.

Magi says he believes the card is located in the top 20--25 cards, and proceeds to make 4 piles by reverse faroing these 20-25 cards 4 times. After the piles are completed, there is 1 card remaining in the magi's hand - it is the selected card. But there is s surprise ending - the top card in each of the 4 piles are the 4 aces.

Thanks Chessman! Sounds like a nice effect. I'll have to check it out.

Jason
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Quote:
On 2011-03-29 10:46, Chris Westfall wrote:
Its a Ben Train miracle>>>>coming to magic magazine

Chris -- Any idea when we can expect it?

Jason
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net