The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Very cool impromptu card vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's a great idea. I would imagine that it is hard on the card. I love the music behind the video, too. Good job.

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
estragon22
View Profile
New user
Ireland
81 Posts

Profile of estragon22
Mickey,
Yes, you only have to replace that one card. The card is left in the same condition as after Paperclipped, though a different method is used to achieve this.

It comes with suggested applications, which are:
Jay Sankey's Paperclipped
Nathan Kranzo's Tri-foil
Cameron Francis' Fresh Mint
John Kennedy's Mystery Box 11

It also has some effects:
Card to Shoe (demo provided)
Card to Wallet (demo provided)
Illusionary Prank (written instructions)
Time Travel (written instructions)

Ray
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Thanks Ray, I appreciate the tip!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Interesting, its marketed to "Use borrowed deck" but destroys that persons deck in the process?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Most of the borrowed decks I'm offered should be destroyed! Smile
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Hmmm. I may have missed this but I don't remember reading anywhere that V2F is not downloadable.

For $28 I want a downloadable product or a heads-up that it isn't. Was this mentioned? If so, my apologizes.

For me this isn't a problem since I long ago figured out how to download the un-downloadable. It's still a nuisance.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I see some great reviews in the Lounge area. Dan, the product description also says the purchaser will receive an access to the instruction. Just in case if you have missed it. Just got my access. It's a great effect that I think I'll use it a lot! I have quite a few of the marketed "card to wallet" wallets, they are great but the only concern I had was most are too big for everyday use. This trick is great as there's no expensive gimmicked wallets involve and I can imagine how strong it plays went it is being reproduced from spectator's own wallet. Nice stuff.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-05 20:13, MickeyPainless wrote:
Most of the borrowed decks I'm offered should be destroyed! Smile

Good one. Ain't that the truth?? Smile

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
I have written a short review here if anyone is interested in but still decide to get it or not: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&43

Time for me to go practice!!!
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
A guy on a different magic forum said: "Let me tell you what's up - micro sized small, zoomed out videos, and horrid web design for a mediocre product that should have been a $5 instant download."

The full review is at:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=154764
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

I always put so much stock in what the Penguinites have to say!

MMc
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:
On 2009-08-09 21:31, MickeyPainless wrote:
I always put so much stock in what the Penguinites have to say!

Akirafist is DougNicols on the Café. He writes very good reviews and is usually spot-on.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Hmmmmmm.... I have read some of Doug's posts and he does seem to give pretty fair reviews! Some of the others sure seem happy with it!
Time will tell!

MMc
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Just post the following msg on the other thread. Feel that I should jump out for G. and his great effect. I have read the review from Penguin, and felt it is quite an unfair review. I've seen this effect done live in person many times over the years, and this really is a great impromptu effect that gets strong reaction. The fact that aside from the visual vanish, a card transpo effect involves no expensive gimmick wallet and even to spectator's, along with the impromptu nature of the effect, is worth many times over the price in my personal opinion. Not to mention that this can be performed surrounded with no angle problem. It is a worker's material! The two complete scripts and presentation from G.'s working material also add great value to the effect.

I too have purchased the effect to support his work and liked it myself. I found that the instruction is clear, everything I need to learn this effect is broken down into sections, illustrated with video and subtitles along with written scripts and presentation. It is very well organized. If you are looking for a signed card to wallet effect that's visual, can be done impromptu, and to a spectator's wallet, you'll find it of great value, as it delivers exactly what it promised. Nothing fancy, but everything that's needed to learn the V2F effect.

Hope this helps on clarifying things up.

Sincerely,
Will Tsai
Jason A
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Jason A
Very nice I love it
yutszfung
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of yutszfung
I think this is a great effect and there are so many things that you can do with this technique. I think some people think that it doesn't worth $28 to buy this effect only because they only see this as a single effect rather than an effect with so many variations.

I agree with willieT. that the review from penguin is quite unfair. I bought this effect and try it to my friends, the reaction is pretty strong. I have no idea why this is a rip-off. Also I don't think there is any problem with the website, although I have problem with playing the video by firefox, the website overall is good and it's quite interesting idea to learn the trick from the website.

Anyway, I totally think this is a good effect and G. you have done a great job. Keep it up
Kelvin Ng
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC
68 Posts

Profile of Kelvin Ng
I just wanted to add to yutzfung's post and I agree that this is a working concept. I think many purchasers of magic tricks are confusing the idea of the price of an object to the value it brings. If you are a hobbyist and you like to collect tricks here and there that's fine, but I would say it's unfair to compare this to another "instant download you may have found on penguin" I would recommend looking at it in terms of the return on Investment and how much more value it will bring for the working magician

Personally, A $5,000 stage illusion is of no value to me as I don't do grand illusions. So even if an illusion is priced at $100, It is of zero value to me no matter how well it is constructed.

At the same token, working at a magic shop, I've played with props and tricks that are priced low and have tremendous value to them. A good example is the Crazy man's handcuffs. I wish that effect was priced higher because so many magicians butcher that trick and routine and it does hurt many working pros out there.

I think G's effect here is a great concept and it has many working routines along with it. Signed card to impossible location is limitless in scope and the V2F can accomplish that. In a working setting, The angles are clean, the card can be signed, and everything is examinable afterward. For a working restaurant pro for example that is getting paid regularly is a good example of someone that can see value of this. Penguin's customers may not view this the very same way as experienced magicians, and the review may be tailored to them as they are Doug's customers

Overall I'm glad there are so many positive responses as I am a fan of this effect. I'm also glad that this is for the serious performer and those that choose to purchase the V2F really want it.

Kelvin
"We tend to think that magic is all about us, what we do, and how we execute the tricks, when in actuality, it's really about what the spectator witnesses, imagines, and remembers in their minds."

- Wayne Houchin
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I saw the effect it nice for sure, but too expensive. Also I don’t like the way you have to order it. I will wait until I read more about this effect. People seeing tricks are amazed with the simplest of effects. It is the magicians who try to fool other magicians and will buy anything that might do just that. Who are we doing the magic for? Laymen love anything shown, as long as it is well done. Anyway, nice effect but I want more reviews on this, Sounds like cards are damaged when doing this.....hmmmm
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Nice effect, thanks for share.....