The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Lorayne: The Classic Collection, Volume 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Yes Harry, please include Numero Uno and the Great Divide and Dingle's Deceptions!!!
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Harry,

I checked out The Magic Book from my local library so many times I decided to finally buy a used copy of the original first edition (1977, I believe) and I still return to it to this day. It is one of my all time favorite magic books, so even though it is for beginners, I've been using it for the past 17 years! I vote for that one. Also, I would LOVE to see Numero Uno and The Great Divide added, since I don't have a copy of Personal Collection and kick myself for not purchasing it when I had the chance. I waited way too long to begin purchasing your books, but thanks to you I can own them all through your classic collections.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
193 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Never mind the books - when are you going to put out another DVD?? Smile

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
I, too, vote for the inclusion of Dingle's Deceptions in CC3. Also, I would like to see a reprint of Star Quality as a separate project. Keep up the good work Harry!

Angelo
IanL
View Profile
New user
Washington State
83 Posts

Profile of IanL
I'd suggest including whichever books would have more revisions/additions/updates. This isn't just a re-print opportunity for folks who don't own the originals.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Numero Uno. Please (you must imagine a fat man kow-towing to get the full picture).
John Neely
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
280 Posts

Profile of John Neely
I like Vlad's idea of including best of material from other publications such as HMM, Linking Ring, and there are many others I am sure. And new material would be good too. I like the idea of Dingles Deceptions especially if there is material in this that is not in the Complete Works. And Numero Uno and the Great Divide would also be good additions. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to Volume III!

John
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I'm still leaning toward Quantum Leaps, Trend Setters, Dingle's Deceptions, plus Numero Uno and The Great Divide (from Personal Collection)and, if there's space, some great new items with which I've been blowing people away. One thing - I don't own The Complete Works of DD, so I don't know which were included there that are also in my original Dingle's Deceptions. Don't know if it'd make a difference. Anyway, can someone check it out for me and let me know? Best - HARRY.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2009-05-08 17:18, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions above, folks; I've also been getting many personal emails and phone calls. Right now, the consensus is, and I'm sort of leaning that way - to include my re-write of Dingles Deceptions - and because that's a pamphlet and not a large book, it'd give me room to include either some new stuff, or my re-write of Numero Uno and The Great Divide from Personal Collection, since so many have been asking for those two items. HL.

Now that would be something! A person could make a good living with nothing else but the material in that one tome!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-05-15 16:12, Harry Lorayne wrote:
One thing - I don't own The Complete Works of DD, so I don't know which were included there that are also in my original Dingle's Deceptions. Don't know if it'd make a difference. Anyway, can someone check it out for me and let me know? Best - HARRY.

Here are the similarities that appear in The Complete Works of...:

Color Triumphant II (an updated version of Color Triumphant)
Open Says Me II (an updated version of Open Sesame)
New Double Color-Changing Aces (an updated version of The D D Color-Changing Deck)
Through and Through Two (an updated version of Through and Through)
International Coins Through Table (an updated version of The International Coin Trick)
Four Coins and Counting (streamlined version of Four Coins In The Countin')

Looking forward to CC3!
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Quote:
On 2009-05-15 17:03, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Now that would be something! A person could make a good living with nothing else but the material in that one tome!

..or volume 1...or volume 2. I'm looking forward to #3 just for the linking card routine from Quantum Leaps.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Nice words, guys, and thanks for info. Those of you who are not on my email mailing list, and if you want to be notified when (and if) volume 3 is available - why not email your email address to me at: harrylorayne@earthlink.net. I'll put you on the list - and I don't give my list names to anyone else. HL.

I note that there were many of the same routines in The Complete Works of DD that were originally in my book, Dingle's Deceptions. But they were "updated." Well, and I've heard this from a number of people - they'd still like to have the originals basically as I wrote them originally. What do you think? HL

mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1115 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Sir,
I vote for The Magic Book and yes the orignals is what I would like to see as well.
Good to hear you're releasing "something" soon! That's awesome in itself and has MANY people excited. Many who don't coem here will jump all over it as well.

Do you have any idea when you MIGHT be finished wih this? A guess? Something?

Respectively,

Mike Newman
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Can't say when but, if you want to be notified when available, that's easy. Just send me your email address - send to my personal email address listed under this post. Then you'll get an email copy (Attachment) of the full-page ad for the book when it's available. And, I never give my lists to anyone else. HL.

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2009-05-09 09:01, R.S. wrote:
Never mind the books - when are you going to put out another DVD?? Smile

Ron

Never mind the books???.... Yikes.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Here's the differences between the same effects in "Dingle's Deceptions" and "The Complete Works of..."

Color Triumphant II (Kaufman writes this as another way to handle the effect.)
Open Says Me II (a modified handling of Open Sesame)
The D D Color-Changing Deck (This effect was redone as New Double Color-Changing Aces in The Complete Works of..."
Through and Through Two (a simpler version of the original Through and Through)
International Coins Through Table (Kaufman makes no mention that this was updated)
Four Coins and Counting (streamlined version of Four Coins In The Countin')
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
Quote:
On 2009-05-15 23:41, Harry Lorayne wrote:
I note that there were many of the same routines in The Complete Works of DD that were originally in my book, Dingle's Deceptions. But they were "updated." Well, and I've heard this from a number of people - they'd still like to have the originals basically as I wrote them originally. What do you think? HL

The original effects in DD have not been improved upon.
This is and was one the finest books on close-up magic ever written during the 1970s.

Mike Vincent
London
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
What about a reprint of "Star Quality"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Without naming a book to include, I'd like to make an observation.

CC1 and CC2 are fabulous collections. Between them there is more quality card material than I will use in this lifetime.

What I'd like to see is the selections that give the largest amount of non-card material.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi Harry

I think it would be great if you could include The Magic Book as it contains somer gems and great ideas that are overlooked by so many. If not, perhaps you could consider re-releasing it, as I for one would by a copy. I am sure many others would too.