The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Sandwich Plot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Have it placed into the centre of the deck, side steal it out and then use Alan Ackermans visual sandwich move. It is the nicest move in a sandwich effect I have seen
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
Vallarino has very nice sandwiches effects, for instance Jumping Sandwich and Sandwich Express, I've found in Gaston Quieto's twenty a way of making a sandwich effect with a top shot.

The idea of Gaston Quieto's sandwich effect is to have both jokers face down in the righ thand between the fingers, and the deck in the left hand, you make a top shot from the deck and with your fingers stick the jokers to the balls of gour tips, this cause the jokers to stick, so when you separate the fingers the jokers separate themselves one each other and you catch the top shot card between the jokers.

Another idea would be using the lateral palm lets say the selected card is on top of the deck the two kings are in the right of the close up mat, you ribbon spread the deck face up showing that the selected card could be anywhere on the deck, when gathering the ribbon spread you lateral palm the selected card as shown by Lennart Green in his Green Magic Vol 1, with the lateral palmed selected card, you slide that card beneath the two kings on the close up mat and display them with the Ascanio's sincere display, you have two kings face up on top of the selected face up card, take the top joker turn it over and put it on the bottom, turn over the pack, take the bottom face up king and turn it over and put it on the bottom, then you have the selected card between the two kings.

Best Regards
Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Robbie Moreland has a great clean variation of Gaston Quieto's sandwich which is on his new DVD. Luke Dancy also has a very nice sandwich effect in his booklet "On the Floor".

Cody
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 06:13, Christopher Williams wrote:
Have it placed into the centre of the deck, side steal it out and then use Alan Ackermans visual sandwich move. It is the nicest move in a sandwich effect I have seen

My recommendation as well...

For a description, look in to Allan's "Esoterist" or an older issue of Channel One Magazine ("Hofzinser's Aristocrats").

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Secretly add(steal) two top cards under two face up Kings. Peel upper King on top of the deck and place three cards on top. (You showed two Kings).

Situation Check : From top, face up King, face down X, face down Selection, face up King.

Do Erdnase/Houdini Change. Now the selection is sandwiched between two Kings. The effect is "Kings disappered from top".

There are many method to reveal sandwich cards. One is to Hindu Shuffle the deck stealing sandwich cards in the second take and reveal the sandwich in last of the shuffle slip cutting the ovelapping card.

Hideo Kato
Kyle007
View Profile
New user
Toronto
24 Posts

Profile of Kyle007
If your working with a table Daniel Garcia's White or Wheat is very visual but needs a bit of practice to get the move done consistently. Basically two cards (usually aces but lots of people are different) are placed on the table (no loads) and then the selection visually appears sandwiched between the two cards. You can learn it on Daniel Garcia Projects Volume 2. You would have to modify the handling abit but it'd be quite easy to modify to fit your specifications it would just require one minor change to the handling but the routine would go exactly as described.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
John Carney has a version where a card is loaded between the Jack's, then they are set aside and the spectator's card is chosen AFTER the Jack's have been set aside.
I really like his variation on the classic sandwhich effect and it also gets you one step ahead for a later part in the routine. It can be found in Carneycopia. If you have any questions, you can pm me.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
The last post of mine is to solve the OP's problem.
I would like to know if Daniel Garcia and John Carney versions are for that purpose?

Hideo Kato
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I've been told that I was instrumental in starting the "sandwich" craze with my One-Eyed Jack Sandwich way back in the early sixties. Don't know whether I want to take the credit or the blame! Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Kyle007
View Profile
New user
Toronto
24 Posts

Profile of Kyle007
Haha I just reminded myself of another good sandwich effect. If you consider learning it be prepared because it's quite tough. Venus Fly Trap on Ray Kosby's Impossible Card Magic dvd is a very very visual sandwich routine where you place 2 queens outjogged around the middle/bottom together and the get a card selected and leave it outjogged. Just a shake and the outjogged queens sandwich the outjogged selection.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Man, Harry you must love sandwich effects, you have tons. Smile I use a couple myself.

Yes, Ray's Venus Fly Trap effect is quite difficult due to Fred Robinson's Ambitious Riser move, but it sure is visual.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-17 15:00, Hideo Kato wrote:
The last post of mine is to solve the OP's problem.
I would like to know if Daniel Garcia and John Carney versions are for that purpose?

Hideo Kato

hello Hideo... to answer your question... My sandwich effect White or Wheat uses 2 moves...my "Ego Slip" to give the impression that their card is sticking halfway out of the deck the whole time... and your "Card Happening" move as a load of the selection while the 2 Jokers are droped face up on the table... so everything is done and looks very fair before they even think the trick has started.

Daniel G.
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The Modified Kosky Illusion, found in Gary Ouellet's "Close Up Illusions" is my favorite move for this type of effect.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Similar to the load that Nordatrax mentioned earlier, I have a load that I like a lot. Take the two queens and hold them in biddle grip face up with the top one part way spread to the right. Have your third finger on the right side of the cards which acts as a stopper. The selection card is on top of the deck. The deck is relaxed at the side while the sandwich cards are shown. As the deck comes up to meet the cards (or while it is down at the side) the top card (selection) is pushed over to the right so it is about half way right jogged. The sandwich cards go on top covering it. It is pushed to the right until it hits the third finger. It is now aligned with the top sandwich card Now the top sandwich card with the selection is moved to the right until free of the other card and casually shown and placed back on top. Either square with the deck or take the three cards away and you've got your load. Hope this helps.

Cody
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
The last 8 posts (not including mine) are not answering to the OP's request. His request is to find a solution to sandwich the second card from top between two face up cards. He needs such a method because the selection has a some drawing or sign on its back which is visible if it is on top of the deck.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
I must apologize if Fisher-san's post is an exception. I don't understand his method at this moment.
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
287 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
Here are two possible solutions. One requires that you know the identity of the selection. For the second method it doesn't matter. If you know the identity of the selection--assume it is in the center of the deck. The two kings are face up on the face down deck. Turn the deck face up and spread through it to show the spectator that the selection is some place in the middle. When you see the selection Hofzinser cull it between the kings. Square the deck and turn it face down. Riffle the deck and show the selection between the kings. For the method you don't know the selection you could take it after it is signed on the back and using Tilt/Vernon depth illusion you could place it between the kings. You could also use Marlo's ATFUS as used by Dingle in his Flying Aces routine. Check out the Dingle book and it is also written up in Reputation Makers by Harry Lorayne.
Steve
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Kato-san, my post is not an exception. I, in addition to many other people got off-topic. However, I'll PM you later trying to get my method across better.

Cody
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Hello Fisher-san,

No need to PM me. I re-read your method and completely undestood it. The top card will be sandwiched by your method. (Not the second card).

Hideo Kato
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Kato-san, that is correct. I apologize for getting off topic.

Cody
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Fisher-san, your off-topic is not so big. Anyway you explained your idea. It is a good thing. I only regret complete off-topic(s).

Hideo Kato