The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Whichita slip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2006-06-03 00:29, Frank Starsini wrote:
To force a card and not let the back be seen, use the one bannon uses in a few effects such as "Tattoo You", for instance.

I believe that force is called "The Bottom Bluff Force" (atleast that's what Giobbi calls it). It can be found in C.C. Vol.IV Chapter 39 & he credits Bannon for it's creator. It's a very subtle force and one that I use alot.

<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-06-03 00:29, Frank Starsini wrote:
To force a card and not let the back be seen, use the one bannon uses in a few effects such as "Tattoo You", for instance.

The bottom bluff force (which is very similar to Vinny's Giggle Force) does work to force a bottom card, and you don't have to show the back. And heck, for that matter, you could use the cross cut force. My Bottom Feed force would also work. Like the bottom bluff force, it looks exactly like a swing cut, but with my force the halves of the deck look correct. You're not bluffing the selection like with the Bannon move. PM me if you're interested.

But none of these would work for repeated forces. In Three Times Lucky you force the bottom card one after another, three times. With any force that also mimics a cut, you need to keep the deck cut, and therefore the cards are no longer on the bottom.

I hear what you're saying about the Wichita Slip not looking natural. But I don't share the concern. Turning over the selection in that manner with the card clipped between the first and second fingers isn't all that unnatural. It is how some people would do it when they're already holding half the deck in each hand. And besides, if you know how to manage focus and energy well, you just create an offbeat and it works well.

But I agree that the Wichita Slip is not for everybody, and only for certain circumstances.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The force bannon uses in "Tattoo You" is EXACTLY for forcing the bottom card AND when you do not want the back of the card to be seen.

But it is nothing like the giggle force. we must be talking about 2 different things.

However,... none of us are really "talking" so we're technically not "talking about" anything at all. Which is why I'm going to get some coffee now. I don't hear a thing.

If I'm not too lazy, I'll look up the name in Smoke and Mirrors when I go downstairs for java.

p.s. the same force is used in stranger's gallary.

so there!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Mark Aspiazu has a fantastic handling of the Whichita Slip that is not easy but looks great. It combines Sankey's handling with the working of Flippant. I believe it was published in MAGIC a few years back.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
akumasan42
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of akumasan42
I can't remember the precise name for it, but Sankey does an improved version of the wichita slip on his Secret Files series.The difference being, instead of doing it from a normally stacked deck, he changes it to a spread. This allows for a series amount more cover when atttempting the move. I sure as hell haven't gotten the knack of it, and the speed that crazy Canadian can do it is astounding.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
I think I know what you mean. It's actually kind of like the sliding key card force idea, which would also work for these situations. I don't think the sliding key card force (right out of the Royal Road book) gets the attention it deserves. It basically looks like the classic force from the audience's point of view, but it's really easy.