The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: I could use a little help before I join. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I want to join the FCM but I am in a place right now that I am having a struggle with my faith. Satan is using everything he has to derail any joy in Christ that I may obtain. I am not sure if this is the place to post this but thought I would see what happened. Guess I am in that, not really sure place. Anyone that would like to talk I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Steven
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Do you want to talk here or in private?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Steven,

Mother Teresa, one of the greatest examples of Christian love and devotion in all of human history, frequently spoke of living in a "dark place", unsure of God's love for her. If a woman as devoted to Christ as St. Mother Teresa can have dark spots in their lives, then certainly we are not immune to them either.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Newslett......x?id=253

Just endure the suffering, add them to the sufferings of Christ, and count them as a blessing that you can suffer for the Lord as well.

It ain't easy...but Jesus never promised us it would be!

Be Blessed,

Mike
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I would say to join!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
The road isn't always a pleasant one.

Sometimes it seems as Christian's want to portray themselves as always even keeled, and doing the right thing.

I know I fall short every day, and am tempted.

Currently reading First Hand: ditching 2nd hand religion by Shook.

It is an easy read.

For more indepth stuff, I read Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoeffer.

Love and prayers your way.

Harris
still 2 old to know it all
aka dr. laugh 4u
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Have always seen persecution from Satan as a good sign. You're bothering him. He doesn't have to waste his effort on those that do nothing, just those that oppose him. Keep up the good work. Remember, God gave up a lot so you can be eternally happy, that started when you made Him #1 in your life. Joining the FCM will probably tick off Satan even more-do it. PM me if I can be of any help, can you feel the prayers???
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1183 Posts

Profile of Russo
Christ gave us a helper - the Holy Spirit- he prays for us -when we don't know what to pray/how to pray. Several time when I'm thinking about a gospel effect Idea - on my left shoulder is an Angel who says "that's a good idea' then on my right shoulder is a demon who says "
"you just want to be a BIG YOU"- my good
Angel then crosses my shoulder and KNOCKS the Demon down and off - usually the 1st. thought is a good thought or the demon wouldnt try to blast you. I'm not crazy (ha ha ) just imagnitive(sp??) the HOLY SPIRIT WILL HELP _ Just Beleive. Pray for confidence(not- irrogance - I'm a lousy speller and typest-) and pray for PATIENCE - you'll get it. I usually name the demon/devil "stupid" because it/he IS. Ralph (russo)Rousseau
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
May the Holy Spirit continue to lead you to use your gifts and talents.

See Romans 7 & 8.

love brother Harris aka dr. laugh 4u
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
This is a side issue, but I thought I'd share it anyway. An excellent 220 page paperback book published by Bethany House in 2009 is "Leading On Empty- Refilling Your Tank And Renewing Your Passion" by Wayne Cordeiro. It is available at Barnes and Noble. This book deals with burnout and depression by pastors and those in ministry leadership. Well known examples include: Mother Teresa, William Cowper, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., Henri Nouwen and many others. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope"- Martin Luther King Jr.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
First I do want to apologize for taking so long to get back here. I have been going through a tough medical situation but am feeling better now. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and uplifting words of encouragement. All have helped me through a pretty tough time. I know I am not the first or last to go through the things I have gone through lately, but I will continue to pray that God will keep me safe and help me to stay healthy through all of my days. I guess I was having, along with the medical problems, a crisis of faith. I wanted to join the FCM but felt very spiritually inadequate. I did not want to join and just say the words that Christians want to hear. I wanted to feel a deep love and devotion to Christ and His Ministry, not just a fake walk. Through your pm's and kind words you have helped me get back on track with Christ. I will be joining this week but won't be able to attend meetings as there are no clubs close to me. I will enjoy the fellowship of others on the Café' and hope to meet many in the coming months and years. Thank you again for all of your posts and you will see me around more often then I have been in the past. I don't know what God has in store for me in the way of ministry, if any, but I look forward to some great fellowship and great things.

Thank you All

Steven True
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
First I do want to apologize for taking so long to get back here. I have been going through a tough medical situation but am feeling better now. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and uplifting words of encouragement. All have helped me through a pretty tough time. I know I am not the first or last to go through the things I have gone through lately, but I will continue to pray that God will keep me safe and help me to stay healthy through all of my days. I guess I was having, along with the medical problems, a crisis of faith. I wanted to join the FCM but felt very spiritually inadequate. I did not want to join and just say the words that Christians want to hear. I wanted to feel a deep love and devotion to Christ and His Ministry, not just a fake walk. Through your pm's and kind words you have helped me get back on track with Christ. I will be joining this week but won't be able to attend meetings as there are no clubs close to me. I will enjoy the fellowship of others on the Café' and hope to meet many in the coming months and years. Thank you again for all of your posts and you will see me around more often then I have been in the past. I don't know what God has in store for me in the way of ministry, if any, but I look forward to some great fellowship and great things.

Thank you All

Steven True
MSaber
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MSaber
Look into Orthodox Christianity my friend. The truth lies there.