The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Female Bible Heroes - what resources?? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Last week, I ran a series of four O.T. Bible Hero shows at Holiday clubs in the UK (VBS in the USA), but was stumped when asked to cover a female Bible hero with only a couple of weeks notice.

I covered Adam (and Eve), Noah, Daniel and Samson using resources from Wonder Imagery, Laflin magic and Barry Mitchell. (In the coming year, I'll cover Moses, Joseph, Jonah and David.)

but what female Bible heroes could I have covered? I started looking but this is all I've found so far.

Deborah story bag http://www.onewayuk.com/product.php?id=1000782 (One UK Holiday Club did cover Deborah as one of four Judges using a powerpoint).

any ideas ??
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Slough Illusions
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
53 Posts

Profile of Slough Illusions
1 kings chapter 17 the widow and the oil and flour jar that didn't run dry until it rained...

Possible things to use to illustrate story of widows faith:

Indian sweet vase,dove pan or other production item (use to keep producing flour)...
Lotta bowl(oil jar that didn't run dry)...
Yellow spongeballs(some kind of spongeball routine to talking about the faith of woman day after day she was able to make more bread)...
snowstorm trick(end with this trick to talk about how she didn't run out of oil or flour untill it rained...
Cubby199
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Cubby199
Ezra
And
Ester

We're great godly leaders however I can't suggest how to use magic to explain them sense I know few tricks.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.
-The Prestige (my favorite movie)
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

I have started a poll about which Old Testament female character to write a show for on https://www.facebook.com/groups/wonderimagery/

I am prepared to pay for the art-work for ONE Bible hero for 2014 and have one 18" silk produced for my show. Then if Christian Illusionists and preachers are interested they can buy that silk from Tim Sonefelt as a special project (it won't be on his website)

So please vote.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

The final art-work for the 2014 OT Woman silk is going to appear on Wonder Imagery's Facebook page this week (I have tried and failed to upload it here.)

If you are interested in having one please contact Tim Sonefelt. I am still collecting suggestions for which stories to write and tell
MSaber
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MSaber
What about the Virgin Mary, Mary Magdalene, Mary the sinful woman who repented and washed Jesus' feet with oil, Elizabeth (John the Baptist's mother), etc. So many awesome people who were examples of repentance, humility , love, and purity. Ruth, Rebecca, Faith, Hope, Love, Sophia. So many good heroes.