The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Club of magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magiciscool
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magiciscool
I have started a new magic club at my school. I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to keep it interesting and entertaining? I do have a great knowlegde of the art from experiece of building and performing my own stage illusions. In the club we teach secrects, work on performances, and learn the history of the art.
Please let me know your ideas!
Magiciscool
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Where you located? Depending on what the others are interested in you may want to have a guest lecture each Month. Vet - Bird care or other animals, Cleaners - Care for costuming, Magic Store - New props/ideas that are coming out...Sometimes if you know of a magician passing through I am sure they would LOVE to stop by and share! You only have a few months for school so shouldn't be too hard to fill. The ideas are limitless! Have a fild trip to a local theatre check out the staging etc...do group shows on the street (if allowed) There's another visitor for you "Drama Teacher" This will work for both Stage and Close-up! Good luck and let me know how it go's?

Robert
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Make sure it isn't just a show me a trick thing.. Have everyone contribute something before they learn how to do what someone else has performed.

Also be careful NOT to give away something that isn't yours. In other words, if you learned it from a book or a DVD, don't rob those authors by giving it away to someone who should also buy it.

Also, focus on skill based magic. Not on gimmick based magic. Everyone needs an invisible deck once in their lives, but an ungimmicked deck is a lot more useful in the long run.

Brother David
aka The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....