The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Knock Knock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi. Anyone using this room?

Just checking to see if there's anyone in here. It's been pretty quiet for a few days now.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Ok, I'll bite. Anyone using this room who?

:lol:

Actually, as for me I've been trying to work out how to do snowstorm, learning Ultimate 3 Card Monte, and waiting for my business card/Gospel tracts that I ordered for Hot Leads.

Since reading the Soldier's Bible story about the deck of cards, I've been working on Gospel patter for the U3CM.

How you been Joe?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
.... Anyone using this room should thank Steve Brooks and his team for their generosity! (well, that's the best I could think of ....)

Hi Brother Preston! So how's your practice coming along? Are you doing snowstorm with a hand fan or using a machine like Kevin James sells? And how's the gospel patter for U3CM coming along?

I've been practicing for a large family reunion next weekend in NY. I've never performed for them before so it's going to be interesting. Working on rope work ala Fiber Optics Extended, a few of Richard Osterlind's mentalism effects, and my Gypsy Thread ending. The straitjacket and handcuffs will stay home because I don't want the hassle trying to get them past airport security.

On an FCM note, I'm looking forward the LA Chapter meeting of the FCM this coming Monday night. Always a great night of fellowship and gospel magic.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Not a bad punch line on short notice!

Practice is coming along well. I'm using a hand fan for snowstorm. I'm going to use patter that talks about the exodus from Egypt and how God provided for all their needs. The fact that the Hebrew clothing didn't wear out in the desert according to God's promise, as opposed to our clothing that so easily wears and tears for the tissue paper tear. I'm going to explain then how Moses touched the Rock with his staff and water gushed out, providing water for everybody. This will be a great time to tell how this is a picture of the Word that is the Living Water. And I can use a little stick as the "staff" and this will help me with the you know what. Then it will be time to tell about the manna from heaven that the Lord also provided; the actual storm. I'm trying to work out the evidence disposal. I also want to research the actual scriptures so I can have volunteers read from the Bible as we go.

As for U3CM: pretty well. Something along the lines of: people think they can get to God on their own (follow the Ace of Hearts) but we are always wrong. The only real way to God is through Jesus Christ.

The 2 is "old reliable" aka the Bible as represented by the old and new testaments. The unerring word of God. It always keeps coming up in the same place, basically, throughout the trick, so I will keep referring to it as old reliable, the truth, etc...

The 3 will represent the trinity.

I want to work as much actual scripture into it as possible. Using the Ace as the one true God who wants to be let into our hearts.

That's a rough outline for now. Any ideas?

Be blessed at your reunion!
cigma_guy
View Profile
New user
Oregon, USA
12 Posts

Profile of cigma_guy
Preston68 -- how are you liking "Hot Leads"?

Jim is a friend of mine... and I was the one that worked on the packaging / instructions (I promise you won't hurt my feelings if they are not your favorite) :o)
Errin

---
See the world's FIRST 'virtual magic kit' for the iPhone and iPod touch -- www.TouchTricks.com
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I like it a lot-such a simple concept! Can't wait to use it regularly. It will be a cool way to share the Gospel via the business cards I've printed up as well as get my number out there. Everyone that sees it really thinks it's cool. My cards should be in this week.

Be blessed!