The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Southeast Michigan area (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Anyone here from the southeast Michigan area. We need to get more people to attend the FCM meetings that will be starting up again in March or at least get to know each other so we can share ideas and have fellowship. I am located in Madison Heights, Michigan.
Rick
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Rick, this is Rodney from Port Huron, Michigan. I was of the understanding from the FCM Headquarters that we no longer have a chapter. Can you fill me in as to what is happening.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Didn't know that. I thought our meetings in Utica were FCM? Well, what do I know.
Rick
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Fascinating. I checked the Christian Conjuror magazine, and discovered there are now only two chapters listed for Michigan. Garden City and Grand Rapids. It has been this way for the past two issues (four months).

I, too, would like to know the inside story on the surprise disbanding of the Utica chapter of FCM. I guess the Flint chapter went away at the same time. How very disappointing.

Is interest waning for the FCM, or for magic in general? What can we do about that?

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Get people to show up that want to participate and not be spectators.
Rick
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Rick, exactly that is what I want. I want to be able to participate and share what I know and I also want to learn from others. We have so much to contribute but it seems with the FCM no one want to fully participate. Maybe it needs to be a different day and time so people can make a schedule around that time. I know our IBM Ring meetings are always attended by a least 10-15 members each month and we do not take months off like other rings. I feel the FCM should hold meeting every month as well. And our local conference really needs updating. And yes I am willing to help and have offered my help for 3-years now and no one has wanted my help. I am a very experienced business man with extensive knowledge in computers and planning. It seems the local FCM just does not want to move to a higher level.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.