The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Fellowship of Christian Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I have been a member for over 10 years now and enjoy the fellowship of the members. Learning at local conferences over the years have added to my knowledge of material to draw on for teaching.
FrJohnBlaker
View Profile
New user
Fr John
4 Posts

Profile of FrJohnBlaker
I just joined the FCM last month. I am a Roman Catholic priest and I occasionally do a few effects when I am preaching to children. It really gets their attention! Although I've been interested in magic all my life I am a beginner. I'm having a good time learning, even when a gospel application is not immediately apparent.

Fr John.
John R Blaker
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Welcome Fr. John.
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
I am a new member, I reall never knew they existed.

But I am glad to be a member
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Anyone know where I can join the International Fellowship of Christian Magicians and receive the Christian Conjurors magazine?

Thanks
BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
183 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
All the info about joining is is available at FCM.org

-Brad
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I joined this year when I attended the FCM convention in Portland Oregon in April.

Looking forward to my first magazine arriving.

Like a lot of you there is no FCM chapter here, although I understand there sued to be one.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
thesecretllama
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Oh
41 Posts

Profile of thesecretllama
I am a member and have been for a few years now (2 or 3, I can't remember). I am in North West OK and am looking for a chapter. I'd go as far as Amarillo, Tx. Anyway . . .
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
I've just joined the FCM- UK!
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
We have a malaysian chapter of FCM - e-mail Allan Yong for more info
E-mail Address(es):
avyong@allanandfriends.com

I have been a proper member for a year now.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Hello,

I have been an FCM member for several years in Michigan. I was very sad to have to leave the local chapter in Detroit when I moved to the middle of the Lower Peninsula. They tell me the Flint chapter isn't very active at all, and the only other one is in Grand Rapids, so I don't get the Fellowship part anymore.

Starting a chapter is supposed to be easy. Just find a total of six people who are committed to the group. Yeah, it's much harder than it looks. I e-mailed three FCM-ers in my area, and none of them were interested. One gave me quite the brush-off for a Christian.

Still, the Christian Conjuror is excellent, and it gives me encouragement in what's really important about the art form that has grown from a hobby into a business. As the Lord continues to get me shows, I hope to always use the art of illusion for His glory.

CSR
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
My best friends in magic have all come through the FCM.

I don't know what I would have done if there hadn't been a local FCM chapter when I got back into Magic.

I guess, I might have had to start one Smile

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2005-04-15 12:47, BradBrown wrote:
All the info about joining is is available at FCM.org

-Brad

Thanks! Just got a membership for my birthday. Smile

John
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
I was a member of the FCM for about a year, and then didn't continue on after that. Local chapters have always been either too far away, or not even in the state (like now living in Virginia). I was also disappointed in the quality of the monthly publication. Having been a member of the IBM and SAM for a number of years, I guess I was spoiled with the quality of the way things were done. As Christians I think we need to hold ourselves to a higher level of quality. When I got my inital member packet it contained a member directory that was a number of years old (which I think put things in a bad light right to begin with). There were a couple of good contributors such as Rod's mentalism article that I enjoyed reading, but all in all things seemed lackluster. I've always had an aversion to much of the commercial "gospel magic" that is out there as it looks like it's from the 1970's, and again, I think we should be holding ourselves to a higher standard. Much of what I saw in the CC publication reminded me much of the same. If there were local chapters in my area, I would probably reconsider just for the fellowship of the groups, but until that happens...
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
FCM in Malaysia is not doing well. Commitment and interest is poor *sigh*. ust a handful of us who are far too busy to promote FCM as we are busy with our own ministries. Thank God I have other magician friends I can tuern to to help me develop my skill in magic.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
The interest in some of the lcoal groups seems to come and go. As you said Paul, it is hard to promote the FCM when there are so many other ministry tasks to be accomplished.

Most of our local FCM folks are also member of the local IBM ring, so even though schedule conflicts have kept me from making the local FCM Meeting for some time now, I still get meet with many of them at the IBM, and because our IBM Ring has so many Christians now (although not all are FCM members) the tone of the meetings is much better and less crude and profanity filled than it used to be. In fact, I put off joining the IBM local ring for many years beause it was such an offensive experience.

But now, the tone is so much better, that not only did I join, but I am even an Officer of the Ring now, (was Seargent at Arms, but took over the Treasurer position when our dear brother, Nick Zender, the previous Treasurer, went home to be with The Lord.)

And the quality of magic is excellent.

I will pray for the FCM in Malaysia to grow as God would have it grow!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
I am a member, Derek Peters is my name, from Pennsylvania
Bardin
View Profile
New user
Jenison, Michigan
49 Posts

Profile of Bardin
Wow, I am glad I stumble on this thread here. I never knew such an organization existed. I hope the one in my area is active.
Bardin
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I am a member have been for about 4 years
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Quote:
On 2004-01-10 12:44, Bob Sanders wrote:
Outstanding!

For many, many years I have had the following on the backs of my cards:

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Hebrews 13:2

Entertainers were used well to spread the message.

Bob

Amen Bob,
This week I am sending out my paper work to become a member of FCM

Bob I am making new cards and would like to add that to the back of my cards.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning