The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: Finding a local Assembly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pictrtker
View Profile
New user
Fouke, AR
5 Posts

Profile of pictrtker
Hello,
I was a member of SAM back in the 80's. I'm from Southwest Arkansas near Texarkana. My Assembly was in Texarkana. Members included JB Bobo (Modern Coin Magic). I remember David Ginn at one of our meetings. It was very active back then. As far as I can tell...it no longer exists. The closest Assembly to me is listed as Dallas,Tx or Fort Smith Arkansas.
I have been thinking about joining again..I have my number...When it asks for an Assembly to be affiliated with...what should I do.
It looks like I'm at least 3 hrs from any Assembly.
And If one wanted to start a new Assembly...how would you go about it.
I'm sort of lost here. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Join as an Associate Member. I've belonged to the Some Are Magicians for 42 years, and am still an Associate Member. You can always visit an Assembly (you're a MEMBER!)

It would seem to be foolish to join and pay dues in an Assembly which you may only get to attend a few times per year!

Both the I Bother Magicians (I've belonged for 67 years) and the Some Are Magicians are losing membership. They both have "on line groups".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
pictrtker
View Profile
New user
Fouke, AR
5 Posts

Profile of pictrtker
Thank you. I appreciate it. That's what I'm going to do. Be an Associate Member