The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: South Jersey S.A.M. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
xrudyreelx
View Profile
New user
south jersey
54 Posts

Profile of xrudyreelx
There use to be a S.A.M. meeting in Mayslanding N.J. but from what I hear the gentleman that ran it passed away. Where is the nearest one or how do I either talk someone into starting it back up or do it myself?
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
When my dad was a member of SAM the closest one to Haddonfield in South Jersey was the Philadelphia Assembly. (That was back in the 50s and 60s).
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Xrudyreelx,

The South Jersey Sorcerer’s (SAM Assembly #60) was presided over by Dave Michaels aka Len Litchmen. As past historian of this assembly, I currently possess all of the historical documents including the original charter that dates back to the 1950’s.

To reinstate an assembly it only takes one dedicated person who is passionate about magic in the area. Dave Michaels was such a person. If you are such a person also, I give you my support. Click on my profile and maybe we can talk.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
xrudyreelx
View Profile
New user
south jersey
54 Posts

Profile of xrudyreelx
First off I'd like to thank Ken Northridge for helping point me in the right direction. I'm going to try to get the S.A.M. ring 60 started again. So if anyone is in the south jersey area and would like to find out more please get in touch with me.
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
Rudy,

Count me in.

Keith F.
matthewjones
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of matthewjones
I met with Rudy at Bob Little's Super Sunday yesterday. What's up Rudy!?
I too have an interest in starting an Assembly in the Coastal Central/South Jersey Area. Not trying to step on toes Rudy - Joint effort!!

I took advantage of the gathering & made an announcement. I grabbed 6 email addresses (including my own).
I spoke (via email) with Pat Colby today (RVP SAM) and he's going to send out a packet.

I believe I can get a meeting place (other than a restaurant). I have 2 places in mind that I will look in to.

So -- WHO ELSE is interested - I was told I need 10.. KMFrye - That includes you!! So we need 4 more according to Pat.
Let's dig deep... Find some others -- I am open to IBM as well (they already said they would re-open the old Brick Ring) but the focus here is on SAM first.

I am interested in pushing for a youth group as well. We need more / new blood!!

If you are interested send an email to (ads@mattannajones.com). This is my junk email address but I do monitor it.
Or feel free to give me a call at 732-540-1040.

I will be scheduling a meeting to discuss various topics required to start the ring.
Including, Name, By-Laws, Dues, Location, etc.

I am open to location as long as it's not too crazy far from me. I already have a 1.5 - 2.0 hour commute EACH WAY for work - So that's what limits me. If it's close - I'm there!!
Thank you...

Matthew Jones
abracadanny
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of abracadanny
Quote:
On 2011-11-28 14:55, matthewjones wrote:
I too have an interest in starting an Assembly in the Coastal Central/South Jersey Area. Not trying to step on toes Rudy - Joint effort!!

I took advantage of the gathering & made an announcement. I grabbed 6 email addresses (including my own).
I spoke (via email) with Pat Colby today (RVP SAM) and he's going to send out a packet.

I believe I can get a meeting place (other than a restaurant). I have 2 places in mind that I will look in to.

So -- WHO ELSE is interested - I was told I need 10.. KMFrye - That includes you!! So we need 4 more according to Pat.
Let's dig deep... Find some others -- I am open to IBM as well (they already said they would re-open the old Brick Ring) but the focus here is on SAM first.

I am interested in pushing for a youth group as well. We need more / new blood!!

I will be scheduling a meeting to discuss various topics required to start the ring.
Including, Name, By-Laws, Dues, Location, etc.

I am open to location as long as it's not too crazy far from me. I already have a 1.5 - 2.0 hour commute EACH WAY for work - So that's what limits me. If it's close - I'm there!!

Hi, Matthew,
I am a young magician in central Jersey and I'm interested in knowing more about this SAM group please call me my number is 908-310-9671
matthewjones
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of matthewjones
Anyone else in the Ocean County, NJ Area - Are you interested in getting a New or revised SAM Assembly up and going?

Your support is appreciated...
Thank you...

Matthew Jones
fredm
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of fredm
Wil the SAM National send you a list of old #60 members? You could send them a e-mail,they may still want to rejoin in SAM # 60.

Fred Mitchell
Fred Mitchell