The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: Governor of Maine, Dead 38 Years, Issues Magic Week Proclamation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Percival Proctor Baxter, the Governor of Maine from 1921 to 1924, proclaimed October 25-31 as Magic Week in Maine "for eternity" in a seance held on October 10 at the historic Criterion Theatre in Bar Harbor, Maine. The seance included members of the press and VIP guests who have been generous in the effort to preserve the Criterion Theatre, an Art Deco jewel built in 1932.

Governor Baxter's proclamation appeared as a message written on slates following contact with the Governor's spirit, who spoke briefly through the medium, Dr. Wilson. The message was the climax of a seance that included demonstrations of psychometry, crystal energy, and the answering of questions put to the spirits by the sitters.

The Bar Harbor town council passed a Magic Week proclamation on October 2. Rumford, Maine's Capital of Magic, is expected to issue a proclamation next week. The current Governor of Maine, who for the last four years has issued a Magic Week proclamation, declined to do so this year, citing a policy change.

Dr. Wilson scheduled the seance following the word from the Governor's office, fulfilling a pledge to Marlene Clark, S.A.M. Regional Vice President for New England, to obtain a Magic Week proclamation from the Governor of Maine at the historic Criterion Theatre during the month of October.

Yours in magic,

Paul
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Congratulations!!!

Mark. Smile
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
First photos posted here:

http://www.ibmring362.org/magicweek/magi......l#seance

More to come, probably.

Yours,

Paul
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3077 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
That's absolutely hilarious/brilliant, Paul. You've got to post that at SAMtalking.com!

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dear Neil,

I posted that at SAMtalking, as well as the link to the online newspaper article, here:

http://mdislander.com/site/index.php?opt......temid=39

Thank you once again for some good advice on you-know-what. It worked just fine!

Yours,

Paul
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Well, if Lyndon Johnson could get dead people to vote for him, and elect him to Congress, magicians certainly should be able to get a dead governor to issue a proclamation! Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com