The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: SAM Liability Insurance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Has anyone had a hard time getting a copy of their liability insurance through the SAM. It's been 4 months and every time I call I get the same excuse, that she contacted them and told them to send me a copy. I still do not have my own copy of an insurance policy that I paid in full. Any one else?
David
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3077 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi David,

Who did you speak with? Richard Blowers should be your contact person, and he dealt quickly with me. I just dropped him an email on your behalf, with a request that he contact you directly. Let me know what you hear back.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hi David,

Neil is absolutely correct, your contact person should be Richard Blowers who is the National Administrator - you may drop him a line at rmblowers@aol.com, he is very thorough and quick with his responses.

Please let me know if you have any further trouble and I will contact him myself, I'll wait as Neil has already contacted him and I am sure Mr. Blowers will handle it from there.

Best always,
Maria Ibanez
National President
Society of American Magicians
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Maria and Neil,
Thank you. I will contact Richard.
David
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Now that the policies are being cancelled I am going here:
http://www.specialtyinsuranceagency.com/insurance.html
It took forever to get a confirmation letter from the agent. They did send certificates of insurance when needed to the venues. But I am switching.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I have been using this agency for 4 years now and I can tell you that they are just great. You can go on line and fill out your own addtional certificates and they email them back to you very fast.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Why are we being cancelled ?? I just got my policy in April !!
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Greetings all,

Hull Youngblood who is the insurance chair is finalizing the details this week with a new company who is offering a much larger coverage to the membership. He is very pleased with what he is reading and being offered and I will have a post up as soon as I get all the details on this new insurance. Thank you for your patience and understading.

Maria Ibanez
National President
Society of American Magicians
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
Maria,
Any news to update us on this?