The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: How do I know? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
Hi, I just paid $65 at the sam shop for "New US Member". I don't know if the SAM contacts me. I don't know what to do now. Any help would be welcomed.

jordan
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Did you fill out the online application. If so, they will post ur name in an upcomming MUM, then if no objections send you a membership card and start sending ur MUM
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
No, where do I find the online application?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17161 Posts

It is on the site, go back and look
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
All I can find is the printout version....do you have a link?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
17161 Posts

Contact the National Administrator Richard Blowers at the email addy below. It has been a while since I helped anybody join online. YOu may just need to fill out the application and mail it in, from the payment you made they have ur name and address, or they may need no more, he can tell you

rmblowers@aol.com
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hello Jordan

If you will send an e-mail to RMBlowers@aol.com,Richard Blowers the National Administrator will gladly help you with your membership. If you have any trouble feel free to contact me at merlina17@aol.com.

Welcome to the S.A.M.

Respectfully

Maria Ibanez
President Elect
Society of American Magicians
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Welcome, Jordan!
I assume you registered by credit card.
You will receive a receipt from National Administrator Richard Blowers.
He also will send you a membership packet. Snce you joined before the end of the year, your packet will include a set if eight, 8x10, posters of stars from magic's past. Each comes with historic details and is suitable for framing. It's a beautiful set.
I don't know if you signed up in time to receive the January issue of M.U.M.
Please give Richard a couple of weeks to get back to you. If you don't hear from him, you can email him at rmblowers@aol.com.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me at afuntime@comcast.net.

Marlene Clark
SAM RVP New England
Membership Strategy Committee
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Don't feel bad. I sent my membership in about a month ago and still haven't heard anything back or seen any indicator on my bank website that the check has been cashed. Went ahead and emailed Mr. Blowers and am eagerly waiting for a response.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Well, sent my email on 12/31/06 and got my response 01/03/07. Mr Blowers was very polite and let me know that December has been a very busy month with lots of new members. That sounds pretty good.

At any rate, he has already processed my membership and my "welcome packet" should be at either today's meeting or the one held in February. Can't wait.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Got the MUM magazine and posters of some famous magicians in the mail today. Really liked what I saw. Can't wait to attend the next meeting and get my card!