The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: SAM Skype Directory Project needs your help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
poofersmagic
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
134 Posts

Profile of poofersmagic
Dear Café Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to post here to let people know how much appreciation and thanks I have for everyone's help in the 1st few weeks of the SAM Skype Directory Project. In just a few short weeks, since we started the project we have had an overwhelming support from not only SAM members like yourselves, but also have had the support of Past Nat'l Presidents, RVP's, Magic Circle and others.

These folks have not only backed the project, but have taken time out of their busy schedules to help us get listings, approvals, & testing of the list.

Personally, we have found it not only to be a wonderful tool but a great way to keep in touch with our SAM friends as well as a way to save money when talking to other SAM officers in regards to SAM projects and initiatives.

For those who may be hearing about this project for the first time, let me give you a little background information.

For those who may not know what Skype is, allow me to explain a bit more.
Skype is a little piece of software that allows you to make free calls to
other Skype users (via computer to computer) . Basically this means that while at your computer with a simple touch of a button, you can talk directly to any other Skype user. You will hear them in real time over your computer speakers as if they are right there with you. They in turn will be able to hear you just from you talking into your computer microphone. It is just that easy. The best part about this, from computer to computer to anyone around the world is totally FREE. It really is a win-win situation for everyone involved. You also have the ability to do conference calls with multiple Skype users at the same time with out costing you anything. For more information on Skype and to download the free application, please go to http://www.skype.com

It is our intention to create a Skype Directory of SAM members around the world. We hope by doing so, it will boost interaction between SAM members and assemblies and an easy and free way of making new friends and keeping in touch with old ones.

However, the success of this project depends upon the help of people like you. If you are already on Skype, and would like to be listed on the directory, please just send me an email (Kelly Peron) at poofersgrl@aol.com. Please put in your email your name, statec/country, assembly (if any) and your skype name.

If you are not currently on skype and would either like more detailed information about it, or would like to be walked thru the process of set up please let me know. It would be my pleasure to assist you in any way that I can. Thank you for your time and support of this project.

When the project is finished, it will ONLY be given out to those who are listed in the directory and have given their permission to share it with other SAM members.
Kelly Peron
Magician and Magical Partner
http://www.kyleandkellymagic.com