The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Any experience with 3 of Clubs Convention, Seattle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I was searching for magic events in my area and discovered a link to the 3 of Clubs convention coming up in October just outside of Seattle, WA. Being new to magic I have never attended a magic convention and was wondering if anyone here has attended this event in the past and what your thoughts are on it? I am posting this here because it appears to be hosted by a couple of regional IBM rings.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I've been to a few 3 of Clubs Conventions. It's actually hosted by 3 different IBM rings (hence the name, 3 of Clubs)... Seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria... and it rotates between those cities / clubs. It's a nice little convention.

I'm not able to attend every year, because sometimes it happens on weekends that are inconvenient for me. For example, in 2017 the Victoria Magic Circle hosted it on the weekend right before Halloween, and I was fully booked up with shows that weekend, so I couldn't attend. But sometimes it's on a different weekend in October or November.

I think I read somewhere that Christopher T. Magician (Christopher Barnes) will be at the 2018 3 of Clubs in Seattle. I've seen him lecture and perform at 2016 KAX Convention, and he's awesome!

BTW, I think the Facebook Group for the 3 of Clubs has a bit more current info, rather than the website. (Maybe that's where I read the names of some of the 2018 lecturers / performers.) The website still seems to be showing info about the 2017 event, but that will change at some point.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks for the info Donald! I'm moving up there later this year. Hopefully in time to maybe go to this.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Thanks for the response Donald. I think I am going to attend this.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's got a great line-up this year and is an event that shouldn't be missed.

A good time should be had by all.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Well I finally registered, looking forward to attending for the first time.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
A week and a half away, I am excited!
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Welll the convention has come and gone and I had a blast. Next year will be in Vancouver and for anyone who is on the fence about attending I highly recommend it.
Greg Moreland
View Profile
New user
Oregon
1 Post

Profile of Greg Moreland
Remember there's also the Portland Magic Jam, weekend convention, coming up March 22-24, 2019. www.PDXMagicJam.com
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Road trip to Portland! Looking at the website, last years presenters were a home run. I have yet to see Pop Haydn perform live, he is on my list I want to see.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, Greg Moreland wrote:
Remember there's also the Portland Magic Jam, weekend convention, coming up March 22-24, 2019. www.PDXMagicJam.com

Oooooh, Pop Haydn!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers