The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Prayers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Dennis Loomis, who died last Sunday at the age of 70. He lived in California.

Eternal Rest grant unto him, O Lord, let Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Sad news. My prayers have been said.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Denny and I were friends for 53 years. We roomed together at Abbotts for years. We discussed his buying the Kramien show at the IBM in Evansville. We caught each other's shows as often as possible. We argued, discussed, and laughed together many times. We pushed Doug Henning's VW bus to get it started after Doug's last Get Together. I loaned him my strait jacket so he could get started in escape work. One of my oldest friends has left me......
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Dick...very sorry for your loss. I didn't know Denny personally, but we did have an email discussion or two. I always enjoyed his posts here on the Café...always insightful and helpful.

I spoke with a couple of his friends in California the other day, and they had a memorial service for him, including a Broken Wand ceremony.

His contributions to our art will live on.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1453 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On 2013-05-02 11:58, Dick Oslund wrote:
Denny and I were friends for 53 years. We roomed together at Abbotts for years. We discussed his buying the Kramien show at the IBM in Evansville. We caught each other's shows as often as possible. We argued, discussed, and laughed together many times. We pushed Doug Henning's VW bus to get it started after Doug's last Get Together. I loaned him my strait jacket so he could get started in escape work. One of my oldest friends has left me......

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Dick. My prayers go out to all of his family and many friends.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
I remember first meeting him in a small hotel room at the SAM 1976 convention where he initiated me into the SSS. It was a fun club Denny started and the initiation was interesting to say the least. He certainly will be missed.
GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
So sorry to hear. My prayers to his family...